Home » Community » Message Boards » » Define Curls Without Weighing them Down?

Discussion

Define Curls Without Weighing them Down?

We just got this question from one of our curly-haired readers ...

"Is it possible to define my curls with a product without weighing it down?"

I've asked one of our beauty editors to weigh in and get to the bottom of this heavy issue. Smile

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

1 Reply

JanieTB
insider
2 years, 11 months ago
Re: Define Curls Without Weighing them Down?

I LOVE seeing women flaunt their curls -- I think it's so much prettier (and healthier) to let your curls be, rather than force them straight with a flat iron every day. With that said, you'll want a product that will tame your unruly or frizzy hair, but at the same time keep the shape and bounce of your curls once they're styled.

To get this, you have to look for styling products that are lightweight and not greasy. There are great creams, gels and sprays out there that will really help define your curls without weighing them down. Some of the best ones on the market are: Tresemme Curl Care Touchable Curls European Shaping Milk, Frederic Fekkai Luscious Curls Cream and Oiudad products (they're MADE for curly-haired girls, so you can bet they know their curls).

But remember, just because a product that has the word "lightweight" in it doesn't mean it won't weigh your curls down. Definitely read reviews first to see what other women say about them before you buy the product. Hope these suggestions help!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend