Home » Community » Message Boards » All About Nails » Help for those who bite their nails and tear their cuticles.

Discussion

Help for those who bite their nails and tear their cuticles.

I have tried everything. Vinegar, the stop bite nail polish, anti-anxiety meds, etc....

I want to stop biting my nails and having them bleed all the time.

Someone please let me know your cure.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

3 Replies

Yen
insider
2 years, 10 months ago
I can totally relate =(

Sorry I dont have a solution but i have the same problem... i've tried alot and i get by on doing my nails at the salon but not only does that get expensive$$ but it also makes matters worst.. because its making my nails even more thin .. i would appreciate some feed back on the matter as well.. please ..

Thank you,

newbie-"yen"

scarrillo
insider
2 years, 10 months ago
Re: Help for those who bite their nails and tear their cuticles.

It's not a cure, but I do have a couple tips:

1. Try different "stop biting" formulas. Eventually you'll get used to them, but if you switch things up often you wont.

2. Take really good care of your nails. Keep them trimmed and filed, used cuticle oil on your hands every night, paint them fun shades, basically anything you can to make them too pretty/healthy to bite.

3. Keep a rubber band on your wrist and snap it whenever you want to start biting your nails, the negative association might help.

Good luck with this, I know it can be a really hard habit to break, but you can do it!

LipglossandSpandex
BLOGGER
2 years, 10 months ago
I do manicures at home as soon as my polish chips even a little bit.

When my polish looks nice, I don't bite my nails or pick at my cuticles too much.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend