Home » Community » Message Boards » Skin Central » Age Spots and Freckles

Discussion

Age Spots and Freckles

Anyone know a good way to diminish age spots and freckles?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

4 Replies

Supernaturalfan
insider
2 years, 12 months ago
Re: Age Spots and Freckles

There's both OTC and prescription products that contain hydroquinone (not sure of the spelling!) but it's the only ingredient proven to fade these spots.  The OTC products will take much longer of course.  I can't name any specific ones at the moment due to brain fog, but I think even some drugstore products might have the ingredient.

Personally, I cover them with foundation & concealer.  I use enough products so I don't want to add to that.  I have a lot of those awful spots on my face now, thanks to all the sunbathing I did as a teen & in my 20's.  (We didn't know then what we know now! LOL)

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years, 11 months ago
Age Spots and Freckles

I have done a lot of research as a cosmetology/esthetics student and I stumled onto an incredible miracle for skin and age spots.  It's Australian Emu Oil, and you can order it from Amazon.com.  It smooths skin, eliminates wrinkles and brown spots!  It only costs $19.00  Try it!!

JadaMiranda
insider
2 years, 9 months ago

I find Complexion Brightener spf 20 to be working great in diminishing age spots and freckles.  I have been using it for years now because it has spf and my skin loves it. 

TracyTB
allstar
2 years, 9 months ago

I recently (as of February) started using Kiehl's Photo-Age skin care line (Daily face wash, toner, moiturizer and spot treatment). I can honestly say that I have noticed some of my lighter freckles diminsh in color since I began using this product. They're not 100% gone, but some are signficantly lighter. My darker spots however (brown freckles) haven't really changed all all. 

If you have some lighter sunspot/freckles it might be with checking out. Good luck.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend