Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Else » How do you ladies get over a broken heart?

Discussion

How do you ladies get over a broken heart?

Ladies, how do you get over a broken heart?  Start dating right away?  Zone out in front of the TV with a pint of ice cream?  Wait it out, believing in that old saying, "Time heals all wounds"?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

7 Replies

amygalbraith
3 years ago
buy a hello kitty shoes

hello kitty shoes

LittleBunny
elite
3 years ago
Re: How do you ladies get over a broken heart?

Hit the gym and get a cute new hairstyle!

aly7
elite
3 years ago

Just be alone for a little while, just to clear my thoughts and feel a little better. I also might treat myself to something special:)

ALWAYS remeber.......

1) there is someone better out there

2) it was meant to be

3) take care of yourself before you even think about dating again

4) And if he dumped you and was a jerk about it, remember he ISNT worth it!

msbrown822
allstar
3 years ago
How to get over a broken heart

1) Remember there is a REASON you guys broke up... don't ever look backwards- always go forward.

2) Forgive him- Seriously. This may be the hardest thing to do, but trust me, it helps get rid of any bitterness, sadness, anger, or issues you may have had with him. And trust me you want to do this before you start dating again. Ex-BF baggage is SO not cute.

3) Take time and take care of yourself. Feeling sorry for yourself and wallowing in misery isn't going to help anything. Give yourself a time limit to be sad, but that's it. Go out, and do something for yourself that will make you feel better. Spend time with your girlfriends or spend time with yourself.

4)Recognize YOUR mistakes in the relationship and try to right your wrongs.

5)Keep in mind that there will always be someone better. It takes patience. Dont' rush into dating. How long should you wait? Well that's up to you.

Hope this helps

ladyboarder9669
elite
2 years, 12 months ago
Get out and have fun!

I think the best way to get over a guy is to go out with your friends and keeping your eyes open for that new special someone. I really think the best way to get over a guy is to find someone new. You get the butterflies with the new guy that makes you forget all about the man of your past!

volta
elite
2 years, 12 months ago

I allow myself only one day of getting all my emotions out, no more. Then I listen to a lot of cheery music from my favorite bands to get me in a good mood because music is my everything. (I particularly enjoy Phoenix, Yelle, Matt & Kim, etc.) Just make a playlist of happy songs. Then the rest is just surrounding myself with good positive people and understanding that there are so many better people I will eventually meet, but you have to make the effort to meet them. Never leave it up to chance, you make it happen. Then I try to improve one small thing about myself to raise my self-esteem. The important thing is to make this goal small and easy to achieve. It could be like treating yourself to a new outfit or hair style, learning a new hobby, making a commitment to hanging out with your friends more often, etc. I try to see the end of a relationship as a new beginning for a new chapter in my life. 

Miss_Vicki
allstar
2 years, 11 months ago

I go out and have fun with friends and family, do the things I had put on the back burner during the relationship, and listen to good breaking up music. My favorite is No Doubt's "Tragic Kingdom" cd.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend