Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Light Acne Scars

Discussion

Light Acne Scars

I have light acne scars on my cheeks and going up my forehead. Is there anything I can do to erase these scars instead of getting a $1500.00 laser treatment?

Stephanie

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

6 Replies

cassie_van
insider
2 years, 11 months ago
meladerm

i tried so many different products for acnes scars and nothing worked!!!! However I found out about Meladerm and actually using it right now. I'll give u updates about it. So far it's alright, doesnt cause me any more acnes (i have very very senstive skin).

volta
elite
3 years ago
Re: Light Acne Scars

I use Philosophy's Microdelivery Exfoliating wash. I also take vitamins for vitamin C and D3 and drink a lot of water. Those generally do well to significantly reduce hyperpigmentation for me.

LipglossandSpandex
BLOGGER
2 years, 10 months ago
Have you seen a derm?

There are lots of products from drugstores and department stores with retinol or AHA or other chemical exfoliants. A derm may be able to give you a prescription version that could help with cell turnover.

scarrillo
insider
3 years ago
Re: Light Acne Scars

Hey Stephanie,

I defiitely feel you! You can try products with vitamin C or retinol -- they're both exfoliants so they'll eventually fade the spots (Clinique makes a foundation that helps fade acne scars, it actually works pretty well). However, if your skin is indented then you'll need to see a dermatologist. Hope this helps!

RoleModel
allstar
3 years ago
Don't do lasers

I have the same issue and DO NOT DO LASERS!! I did and it was a total waste of $$. It was the worst decision I ever made, I spent so much $$ and I still have acne and the scars. I would use retinoids, glycolic acids, salicylic acids should speed up cell turnover. You can also cover the scars up pretty good with mineral makeup.

socketpinch
3 years ago
Any Product Recommendations for Light Acne Scars

Does anyone have any recommendations for a product to use on my light acne scars?

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend