Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Whats the difference between all of MAC's eyeliner pencils?

Discussion

Whats the difference between all of MAC's eyeliner pencils?

They have four different types, (Im looking for a new eyeliner, even though my UD 24/7 glide on is amazing, i like to experiment) and im not sure which one is the best. I dont even know why they need so many different kinds :I Which one is the best?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

4 Replies

JennaGuru
insider
3 years ago
Both?

Ive been experimenting with top liner and ive realised i like pencil better than fluid. But I always use bottom liner.

makeupbyjanalyn
allstar
3 years ago
Differences?

I just picked up a few MAC eyeliner pencils today! I loooove 'So There Jade' its such a unique color! But from my experiences I did find differences in all of their pencils.

Powerpoint Pencils - creamy texture, waterproof, but doesnt last as long as MUFE Aqua Eyes or UD 24/7

Kohl Pencils - super creamy texture, vibrant color, but it will smudge, not recommended for lining the waterline, could be used as a base on the lid if blended well

Technakohl - vibrant color, a bit dry, waterproof/smudgeproof

Regular Eyeliners - dont care for them, nothing special in my opinion

Hope this helped =)

volta
elite
3 years ago
Re: Whats the difference between all of MAC's eyeliner pencils?

Are you looking for more of a top of the lid liner, or an all-around eyeliner?

volta
elite
3 years ago
Re: Whats the difference between all of MAC's eyeliner pencils?

Even though you're more of a pencil girl rather than a liquid type for the top lining, I would consider trying the Superslick liquid liners at the Mac counters. The tips are felt but firm so you can greatly control the thickness of the line. It also seems a lot faster to apply than regular pencils. It lasts all day too! As for bottom lining (which is what I normally do as well), I still prefer the UD 24/7 pencils like you already use. I actually did a test with them on my waterline and I still had a nice thick line (not perfect but still great). If you don't want to top-line, maybe you might want to try in-lining the inner rim of your top lid. It makes your lashes look thicker. It doesn't last nearly as long so you need to touch up occasionally, but UD pencils really are the best for those as well. 

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend