Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » undereye dark circles

Discussion

undereye dark circles

I am 48 and have under eye dark circles and am looking for the best products to reduce/concel them.

I recently read that I shouldn't use yellow based concealers on my under eye circles,  but have no idea what to use.

I am hoping for suggestions for concealer and mosturizing products.  Thanks

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

1 Reply

makeupbyjanalyn
allstar
3 years ago
Orange based concealer

Hi Diane,

The reason why you wouldnt want to use a yellow based concealer is because yellow is mostly used to conceal redness. Orange based concealers will cover blue and purple, which are the usual colors of undereye dark circles, so look for a concealer that has sort of an orange or peachy hue to it.

One product that works pretty well is the Bobbi Brown Corrector. Its highly pigmented and comes in a cream form. A bit on the pricer side ($22), but it works! Be sure to test it in store first though to see how it feels and if it lasts throughout the day. Oh and be sure to set it after with a translucent pressed powder to avoid creasing =)

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend