Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » I Can' tGet Ris of Static in My Hair...HELP!!!

Discussion

I Can' tGet Ris of Static in My Hair...HELP!!!

I have long pretty thin hair & years of coloring and styling have left it pretty damaged. I have tried several at home treatments & conditioners but nothing seems to take care of my biggest problem, static. I only wash my hair a couple times a week & I never use a blow dryer but every time I run my fingers thru my hair it sticks out everywhere! I am willing to try anything so I can touch my hair again.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

4 Replies

Kristen_TBeditor
insider
3 years ago
Try ... Bounce

I had a friend with a similar static issue. She swore by using laundry dryer sheets. She would carry them in her bag so when static would strike, she could swipe her hair quick in order to zap it on the go. Give it a try.

JeanC7
insider
3 years ago
Re: I Can' tGet Ris of Static in My Hair...HELP!!!

I have heard the Bounce tip too! If you are near a Sephora, ask them to give you a sample of Living Proof No Frizz and see if it works for you.

LipglossandSpandex
BLOGGER
3 years ago
smoothing cream

I haven't tried the dryer sheet trick, but heard it's great! A little smoothing cream (like Frederic Fekkai's Glossing Cream) might also help tame static.

melissa_stephens
insider
3 years ago
re:static

the dryer sheets do work.. it dosent have to be bouce when i tryed it it wasnt that brand also theres this stuff they make for african american women called mink oil but it works for woman of all color its in a pink bottle you take an extremly small amount like half a penny size and rub your hands together and put it through the static parts.. hope i helped

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend