Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » foundation for medium yellow skin tones

Discussion

foundation for medium yellow skin tones

Hi everyone,

I just wanted opinions on what the best foundations are for medium beige skin with yellow skin tone. I have bough so many foundations only to find out that in the sun they look too pink for me. I'm getting frustrated with looking like i have the wrong foundation every time i wear makeup it's kinda embarrassing. So any help on which brands I can look into. I would love a drugstore brand but if you have any suggestions on brands with foundations that cost up to 50 dlls id be ok with those too thanks so much!

UPDATE: So i got the bare escentials in golden beige and fell in love!!! It's perfect for my skin, At first i though it might be too yellow because it looks soo yellow on the jar but no just perfect. I love that i can customize hw many coats i want for coverage and it still looks natural. Plus its only 25 dlls. Thankyou all for your help!!!!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

8 Replies

IDJ1969
insider
3 years ago
Bobbi Brown $45 or Makeup Forever $40..The perfect foundation

I am a mulatto women my complexion is about the same as Halle Berry I went through the same problem for years but I swear by Bobbi Brown its about $45.00 but her line can match any skin tone seriously as she goes by real skin pigments/undertones go to Nordstrom and get a free makeup match  trust you will be happy. I also like Makeup Forever sold at Sephora for $40.00 this brand also can match any skin tone check them out!

makeupbyjanalyn
allstar
3 years ago
Make Up For Ever HD Foundation

Definetly try, if you havent already, the MUFE HD Foundation. They have a very wide range of color choices so it pretty much can match any skintone. If foundation appears pink on you, you might not be yellow, you could have a neutral undertone which may cause yellow foundation to appear pink in natural lighting. I have a neutral undertone also even though Im full on asian and I found out the hard way as well. Also, if its possible, try to get a sample before you buy, and if you test it in-store, go outdoors with a mirror after and see what it looks like on your face compared to your neck. Hope this helped!

TracyTB
allstar
3 years ago
Re: foundation for medium yellow skin tones

I feel you 100% on this one.  I'm rather fair skinned with yellow undertones and encounter the same exact problem. I really like Korres Wild Rose Foundation with SPF 20.  It blends perfectly with my skin and I couldn't be happier! 

I use WRF2 and it's perfect for me. Smile

Korres Wild Rose Foundation SPF 20

emcintire
insider
3 years ago
Drugstore options

I like make up forever and bobbi brown as well for a high end make up, but for drug store i def recommend rimmel lasting finish, revlon color stay, and Loreal true match :)

JeanC7
insider
3 years ago
Re: foundation for medium yellow skin tones

I have tried a variety of foundations, Armani, Clinique, Laura Mercier. I wound up loving Olay Definity in the Light/Medium!  Its sheer coverage. 

If you can get a sample of the foundations you are considering, do half your face in the new foundatiion and half in your old one.  Then step outside and take a look in full sun.

Supernaturalfan
insider
3 years ago
Found 3 shades I like

Since I'm a mixture of almost every ethnic background, I don't even know if my skin has pink or yellow "undertones". Undecided All I know is that I repeatedly read or hear that yellow toned foundations look more natural for everyone, regardless of one's actual tones.

Like you, I've had trouble finding the right shade.  This is one reason I like to get my stuff at Rite Aid, because they let you return stuff (even opened) for reasons like the wrong shade.

I like Revlon's Age-Defying Makeup in Golden Beige.  Before that, I was using Natural Beige.  That was too "pink" for me; you could even tell the difference in store lighting between the shades.  So I exchanged the Natural Beige for Golden Beige.

I also like Olay's Definity Color Recapture in Light/Medium, and Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Enhancer in Light to Medium.  So far, these three shades are working well for me.

BPhussy
3 years ago
Good choice!

I absolutely love Bare Escentuals! I feel like you can't get anymore natural than that! I have light to medium skin with yellow undertones and I also use Golden Beige which looks amazing. i'm glad you found what you were looking for! But if you're ever on the hunt for a liquid foundation I would say look into Bobbi Brown.  Her take is that all skin tones have some yellow in it so she has yellow in her foundations. MACs NC shades are also for skin with yellow undertones.

mkgx7
allstar
3 years ago
Revlon ColorStay Aqua

I use Revlon's new ColorStay Aqua mineral makeup for my Asian skin that definitely has yellow undertones. I haven't noticed any pinkness, but the times when I did check a mirror while I was outside on a sunny day, I did notice a little bit of fine shimmer/glitter which actually looked quite pretty in my opinion, but may bother you. The brush that comes with it is also really soft. I bought mine in the shade light medium and I love it. I believe it was $12 without tax when I bought it at CVS. I hope I helped!

http://www.revlon.com/Revlon-Home/Products/Face/Foundation/ColorStayAqua-Mineral-Makeup.aspx

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend