Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » barely there lids & cheeks

Discussion

barely there lids & cheeks

Screen shot 2011-03-26 at 7.53.50 PM.png

I'm in love with this model's look. i've gone through all my cream and powder shadows trying to get that "bare but soft and shimmery, romantic" look but nothing is working. I tried just foundation with MUFE's HD powder on top to set it, and added a soft highlighter and still nada....any suggestions? And any tips on how to apply blush that looks that soft and natural? Not sure if it's that I'm not using the right brush or what, but something's not clicking...

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

5 Replies

emcintire
insider
3 years ago
Natural Look with makeup

Looking at this picture this is my guess on  what I would use

First after washing, toning and moisturizing my face <-- very important for flawless look like this

Second: I would use a luminizing primer like Nars or whatever brand you like ( to give the lit from within look)

Third: conceal blemishes/ foundation

I think liquid foundation would be good for this look since its very glowy however you could use whatever you think works for you :)

Fourth: add a cream blush close to your natural flush I like Mac for cream blushes

Fifth: Set face with tranlucent powder

Sixth: with a highlighter go over top of cheek bones, nose, forehead and chin

( to open eyes a little bit around the tear duct of the eye)

A extra step to set cream blush would be take a powder blush and brush on top of the cream. My favorite tip for blush is to only apply it from the outer edge of your iris and out towards the tops of you ear, focusing more on the side of your cheek.

The model eyebrows also look defined, I would reccomend taking a angled brush and some matte brown powder and starting at the arch of your brown, brush either direction in smooth strokes (less goes a long way)

as for eye shadow any brown shimmery shadow would work, I think the two faced natural eye collection would be great

lips: nars lipgloss is a favorite :)

Hope this helps :)

- Erin

mkgx7
allstar
3 years ago
Ooh. Pretty.

The previous post seems to have it right.

Just a few additional ideas, though:

To get my blush to look natural, I apply it before I put on my foundation.

I apply the blush to the apples of my cheek and blend upwards and to my hairline with a blush brush-- This step is important for me. Just centering the color on the apples of my cheek look like a doll with the 2 dots on their cheeks. (Okay, not that dramatic. Tongue out) I don't use concealer, so I'm not sure what step that would be. But for me, next is the foundation. I use mineral, powder makeup. So, this may not work if you use really heavy, liquid foundation. 

Now, for eyes, I would apply the same color that you used for your blush. For that reason, an all-over-color or pigment might be a good idea. 

Also, I use Urban Decay's eyeshadow potion in sin, which is a shimmery, champagne color. I think that with a hint of pink/mauve/brown eyeshadow or your blush color would look lovely. 

Good luck!

LipglossandSpandex
BLOGGER
3 years ago
I have trouble getting that natural look too!

Part of it I think is that her skin is so nice... not as in she put on makeup to make it looks nice, it's smooth and even and she just needed a little tinted moisturizer. Gel or cream blush would probably be good, and maybe a lightly tinted lipbalm. Mascara, and maybe powder eyeliner for a soft look, and maybe a cream eyeshadow.

ladyboarder9669
elite
2 years, 12 months ago
That is a really pretty look.

sarahgurl1116
insider
2 years, 11 months ago
here...

1. exfoliate

2. toner

3. moisturize

4. tinted moisturizer

5. mineral powder

6. mineral blush (blend this with a big, soft kabuki)

7. REVLON cream blush in the warm colors (idk what its called) -apply w/fingers

8. clear lipgloss.

Hope I helped... and simplified!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend