Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Do you take off your make-up before using acne cleanser in the shower?

Discussion

Do you take off your make-up before using acne cleanser in the shower?

Ive never taken off my make up before popping in the shower to wash my face with a acne cleanser. Do they wash away make-up and clear acne? I always have eyeliner residue that i take off after the shower also.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

3 Replies

LipglossandSpandex
BLOGGER
3 years ago
I would.

Or I wash my face using acne cleanser twice--once to get the makeup off, and once for the active ingredients in the cleanser to really work on my skin. But it's probably better to use a product designed to remove makeup, and then a product designed to treat acne, in my opinion. Double cleansing has worked way better for me than any single product does.

mkgx7
allstar
3 years ago
I do.

I worried about that and had eyeliner residue also. So, I have been using Neutrogena Foaming Cleanser which claims to be a cleanser and makeup remover. I use an acne cleanser once a week and it seems to work better than when I used acne cleanser alone. I have always had very little to no acne, so I can't help too much with that. My thinking is that acne cleanser is made to rid you of acne, not makeup. I also feel like makeup would be kind of a layer between the acne-fighting ingredients and your skin. So, it makes sense to me to cleanse first and then use acne treatment, but that might just be me. ^^; 

toddfan
allstar
3 years ago
Re: Makeup

Sure! Start with a clean face. You don't want to rub makeup into the skin while trying to treat it.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend