Home » Community » Message Boards » All About Nails » My nails are thin and bend easily, what can I do to make them stronger amd...

Discussion

My nails are thin and bend easily, what can I do to make them stronger amd healthier?

My nails are thin, they rip and break easily. If I grow them out at all they ben and rip. What can I do to fix this painful problem?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

19 Replies

JeanC7
insider
3 years ago
Re: My nails are thin and bend easily, what can I do to make them stronger amd healthier?

You can make them strong quickly with Neocell Super Collagen.  It comes either as a powder you mix in orange juice or in capsules.  Should cost between ten and fifteen dollars.  Get at iherb, vitacost, Costco, health food stores.

It will also make your skin and hair beautiful! I have used it for two years, its a staple for me.

TheBlond
insider
3 years ago
RE: My nails are thin and bend easily, what can I do to make them stronger amd healthier?

I take prenatal vitamins and apply a strengthener to my nails. I use OPI, but I'm sure there's a comparable drug store product.

volta
elite
3 years ago
Re: My nails are thin and bend easily, what can I do to make them stronger amd healthier?

I love Orly 'Tough Cookie' clear strengthener, as well as Orly Nailtrition. 

ladyboarder9669
elite
3 years ago
I have the same problem! I take biotin daily to help strengthen my nails and hair.

Meagan.h.beautyfanatic
insider
2 years, 9 months ago
Quick Tip

A great quick easy fix is to apply the Chapstick brand original chapstick to your nails before you go to bed. It moisturizes and hardens up your nails really well. 

prissymakeup
2 years, 9 months ago

Def take your vitamins and protein as well

SophieT
insider
2 years, 8 months ago
Fish Oil

I'd try taking fish oil capsules. The fatty acids in the fish oil supposedly helps strengthen and grow nails. Besides all of the different strengthening polishes you can put on your nails, I would definitely try to eat more "healthy fats" like nuts, fish, avocados, etc. Those will all naturally help with thin/weak nails. 

ladyboarder9669
elite
2 years, 8 months ago
Take biotin daily! It helps strengthen nails.

andyv1217
allstar
2 years, 5 months ago
Food.

I use to have the same thing, but this was due to using dark nail polish. I would use it very often and i wouldnt let my nails have free time. What i did was stop using color nail polish for a long while. I ate almonds, which are good for your hair and nails and loaded up on avocadoes. Try food that help your nails get stronger.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend