Home » Community » Message Boards » » What the best way to revive curls for a night out?

Discussion

What the best way to revive curls for a night out?

It's safe to say that most of us have experienced dull hair at the end of a long day at work. So I personally can resonate with this reader question. 

"What's the best way to revive curls for a night out after a long day at the office?"

I've asked our assitant editor Jane to chime in on this question and share some advice. 

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

2 Replies

JanieTB
insider
3 years, 1 month ago
Re: What the best way to revive curls for a night out?

I definitely know what it's like to have my curls fall flat by the end of the day -- NOT a happy camper when that happens. So here are a few tricks I've found to help revive your curls:

If you're lucky enough to have a curling iron at work, you can just go through your hair and touch up your curls. The key is to mix it up -- so curl a few sections of hair directly with the iron, and wrap some sections around the barrel to create different sized curls.

Unfortunately, most people don't carry around heat tools with them (unless you work at a beauty website and happen to have a few laying around, ahem). If that's the case, start by spraying your limp curls with a good curl-reviving spray, like John Frieda Curl Perfecting Spray. Then twist each damp section of curls around your finger, and pin them up using bobby pins. Allow them to dry; if you can, stand under the hand dryer in the bathroom to help set your curls even faster.

Once they're dry, take out your curls, and use your hands to re-shape them. Voila! Gorgeous, full curls for your night out. Hope this helps!

Supernaturalfan
insider
2 years, 11 months ago
Re: What the best way to revive curls for a night out?

My hair is permed, so I don't know if that makes a difference....Meaning I don't know if the hair in question is naturally curly or permed.

But, a misting of simple water all over my hair, then scrunching it with my fingers works really well.  Then bend over at the waist and work your fingers through it.  Only takes minutes to do this, and it works really well for me.

If you have time, washing your hair will make it spring back up too.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend