Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Brittle Hair?

Discussion

Brittle Hair?

Let me start with I have really long hair and I love it long.But here lately its very brittle and some days I want to cut it off.Is there anything I can do to help the health of my hair.Ive spent much money and time trying to get some kind of result.Any suggestions would be very helpful.I've tried just about every product on the shelves.Please if I don't figure something out its going by by.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

7 Replies

LittleBunny
elite
1 year, 10 months ago
Re: Brittle Hair?

You might be having brittle hair due to Summer heat and sun. The sun can really sap out the moisture in your hair. You could try a mask with something like avocado or banana to try to put more moisture back in.

alictasia
elite
1 year, 10 months ago

I've always been sorry when I didn't trim brittle ends from my hair because it just ended shredding and I had to cut more off than I would have if I trimmed the ends!

toddfan
allstar
3 years, 1 month ago
Brittle

I love my hair long too! If products aren't helping, you may need to get a trim. Nothing drastic. I have the same problem and find that my hair actually grows faster and is more healthy when I keep the ends trimmed.It protects hair shaft from being damaged further. Hope this helps.

CaroleVonAllten
elite
3 years ago
Brittle Hair

I have color treated hair, and I use Lavender shampoo and conditioner only twice a week, and my hair is soft, silky and shiny.  I get it from Drugstore.com.  They are - shampoo - BWC (Beauty without Cruelty) Lavender Highland; Conditioner - Naked Naturals Awapuhi and Lavender Color-Treated Hair Conditioner.  Each is under $10.00.  I also don't use a blow dryer or any heat products on my hair.  I use my fingers to finger curl it or scrunch it with my hands to get a lot of curls or waves.  I think this has really saved my hair.

lasvegasnv
elite
1 year, 10 months ago

I've used a moisturizing conditioner and it's made my hair softer. I also trim it every few months to get rid of any split ends.

yestfl
elite
1 year, 10 months ago

I have terrible hair and it breaks so often. I use the Fekkai treatment for colored hair. It kinda works, leaving my hair stronger and shiny and it smells so good. I also use heat resistant products on my hair if i'm going to blow dry it. But trimming hair a little bit shouldn't hurt!

yestfl
elite
1 year, 10 months ago

I have terrible hair and it breaks so often. I use the Fekkai treatment for colored hair. It kinda works, leaving my hair stronger and shiny and it smells so good. I also use heat resistant products on my hair if i'm going to blow dry it. But trimming hair a little bit shouldn't hurt!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend