Home » Community » Message Boards » Hair Help » Granny wigs hit the runway -- would you wear this look?

Discussion

Granny wigs hit the runway -- would you wear this look?

Had to share this photo from Paris fashion week. This is the hair that was seen at the Jean Paul Gaultier show. Would you wear it? I'm going to have say NO. According to the genius hairstylist who created the look it was “inspired by Alred Hitchcock’s ‘The Birds’ and we used wigs to portray a very done bourgeois woman.”  -- Guido, Redken Creative Consultant. I'm all for creativity and this is fun for a runway show, but definitely not a look to try in real life. Agree?Granny wigs

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

10 Replies

aly7
elite
3 years, 1 month ago
WOW! I am NOT a fan. Funny to think THIS goes on the fancy,runway. Hmmmmmmm

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 1 month ago
Re: Granny wigs hit the runway -- would you wear this look?

I have to agree with you Kristen. Not a look I'm going to try any time soon. Maybe when I'm a grandma.

lilinah
insider
3 years, 1 month ago
Wiggin' out!

Runway looks are often very extreme, to make a designer memorable, and not necessarily to be worn in "real life". This is definitely a memorable look. Since i dislike back combing and hair spray, i'm passing on this one.

heavenly36
3 years, 1 month ago
YUCK

To each their own though, more power to the owner.

Kristen_TBeditor
insider
3 years, 1 month ago
A head full of hair clips: Would you try it?

Another hot-off-the-runway look that I couldn't resist posting. How many hair clips can you fit on your head? She's a metal detector nightmare -- definitely not a look you should wear to the airport. Agreed? What would we have to talk about if fabulous hairstylists didn't come up with such aspirational looks? This one was inspired by "old paintings of women going into battle and different helmets from the middle ages, representing a very strong, confident woman,” says Guido, Redken Creative Consultant who created the look. I like the strong, confident woman part, but I might find my confidence elsewhere. What about you?
 Hair clip head 1Hair clip head 2

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 1 month ago

I agree with you Kristen. Unless I was going as a warrior woman for Halloween, I probably wouldn't sport this look.  I really love some of the hairstyles from NYFW featured in this story about high fashion hair and makeup looks you can actually wear.  I've tried two of them already.  

toddfan
allstar
3 years, 1 month ago
Granny Wigs

Uh, NO!!!

TBjunkie
elite
3 years ago
No

I don't find this look attractive.

toddfan
allstar
3 years ago
wIGS

Yes, runway looks command attention. Wish they would focus more on real consumers.

jessicaviolett
allstar
10 months, 3 weeks ago

haha

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend