Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » Best powder foundation for very oily skin.

Discussion

Best powder foundation for very oily skin.

I'm african american, with oily skin and large pores. I am currently using bare minerals foundation, and it's nice cause it doesn't clog my pores but... If I don't use a primer, it non existent by the end of the day. It's like my pores suck it up, or all the blotting I am doing is eliminating it. I am looking for a nice foundation that gives a nice, natural finish, that I don't need to blot a billion times a day. Are my expectations too high?! I have been eyeing the MAC line, but I'm open to whatever that works.  

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

10 Replies

TheBlond
insider
3 years, 1 month ago
RE: Best powder foundation for very oily skin.

Hey Rozbie - I use Bare Minerals foundation too and also love it because it is good for my skin. You didn't mention which foundation you are using, so I wanted to share that they came out with a Matte version recently that is supposed to help absorb oil. They also have an oil-free primer now which may also help. My combo skin is not that oily, but the matte foundation did seem to cut down on the shine in my T-zone. I haven't had a chance to try the new primer yet though.

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 1 month ago
Re: Best powder foundation for very oily skin.

I also vote for Bare Minerals. 

rozbie
insider
3 years, 1 month ago

Thanks for responding The Blond. I'm using the matte version of bare minerals right now. The primer I use is from Loreal. I thought about purchasing the bare minerals set from sephora, because I have read about how the mineral veil supposedly sets it all (honestly I just really want the brushes!), but I'm still undecided about that whole thing.

Tashaturnbaugh
2 years, 12 months ago

I love the Mary Kay recomendation since that is what I was coming to post lol. Also all of my african american clients love this foundation line because their is such a choice for dark skin types as well a choice not to settle with a color that has that gray tint that is such an issue with many african americans. We also have so many products that control oil and really work with a money back gaurentee. if you would like to buy or try samples contact me at www.marykay.com/tturnbaugh

sarahgurl1116
insider
2 years, 11 months ago
How about...

Skindinavia oil control spray. It's a bit pricey, but worth it. Look it up. (:

Hope I helped.

aly7
elite
3 years, 1 month ago

Try E.L.F. Mineral Powder fondation. Availble in alot of colors, so they will have a color for you.

www.eyeslipsface.com

rozbie
insider
3 years, 1 month ago

Thanks for the recommendation!

aly7
elite
3 years, 1 month ago

sure thingg!!

ckbj2010
insider
3 years ago
Used to have the same problem...

I used to deal with the same thing. I started using physician's formula mineral wear foundation and it really helped. I never even had to wear a primer or powder over it, it just worked great on its own. Also, if you're open to something other than a powder foundation, I tried the Mary Kay Timewise Matte-Wear foundation not long ago and I absolutely love it. I've never been able to wear liquid foundations because of my oil problem, but this one doesn't have that problem at all. My cousin sells it and gave me a sample to try, so I wore it all that day and even left it on overnight just to see how long it would go without getting shiny, and I was still completely matte when I woke up in the morning. This was just on it's own without a primer. I've been using the timewise foundation primer too lately and it works even better, but it's totally not necessary. The foundation is really lightweight so it doesn't feel like you're wearing anything but it still has great coverage that's buildable so it can go from light to full coverage depending on what you need. And they have a great range of colors so it should be easy to find a good match for your skin tone unlike the physician's formula which doesn't have a big range. I highly doubt I'll go back to using anything else unless this stuff gets discontinued.

LipglossandSpandex
BLOGGER
2 years, 11 months ago
I love MAC.

I'd definitely go give them a try. I use their liquid ProLongwear foundation and Blot powder, and it works so well on my skin. My boyfriend even commented on how much nicer it looked than my old foundation.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend