Home » Community » Message Boards » Skin Central » Acne

Discussion

Acne

I've just recently within the last year or so started having real acne problems, both with whiteheads and cystic acne and I've tried AcneFree, Aveeno Blemish Control Cleanser and now I'm onto Murad. It doesn't really seem to be helping though. They all just dry my skin out and seem to make it worse. Anyone got any products that they used and loved and really helped? Are most medicated cleansers, creams and moisturizers supposed to make your skin worse before they make it better?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

12 Replies

skingod
2 years, 9 months ago
Acne

Do you really believe any Acne plan wants you to have clear skin? Its a billion dollar market. The combo of benzoyl peroxide with salicylic acid or glycolic acid is DEADLY to the skin. There are more acne products on the market today than ever before and more acne than ever before. We have to get back to basics.

Oatmeal Mask:  Say yes to oats! Your favorite morning  bowl of oats also doubles as your weekly facial mask or daily light scrub.  Oats and  milk are a great combo for acne. Reduces inflmation and calms the skin down.  I have my clients blend 2 cups dry oats.  Store  in freezer.  When needed Mix equal parts oats and  milk, buttermilk, or yogurt. Let rest on face 15 to 20 min. Remove gently with cool wet towel.  Then apply a good dose of Moisturizer  your face should feel wet.  I have my clients use Skinwater  from Biokorium. Harsh chemicals can cause more acne, and accelerated aging if not used properly.

http://www.biokorium.com/

http://www.biokoriumskintv.com

ohlala
2 years, 9 months ago
Symoathy

I can sympathize. I would get the occasional nasty pimple in my teens. Then when a young adult. Now I'm almost 30 and, maybe it's hormones, but I've noticed more breakouts. The only thing that truly worked for me is going to the derm. I was given an antibiotic, duac and differin. The dual actually got rid of the zits. The differin made them come up. Yes, things got worse before they got better. I had nice results for a while. My derm said, "No. You won't have to use these products forever." Ha. I was back a year later with the same complaint. I generally get the "under the skin, painful" zits. The ones that take longer to make go away. I've tried the Clinique system, Proactive, Nuetrogena kit, Clean & Ckear kit... they all worked to an extent. My friend loved Max Clarity. Yes, the products will dry out the skin, at first. Even Rx does that! Not everyone's skin is created equal. Unfortunately, you have to find something that works for you. And I recently read, drinking water has nothing to do with acne. I don't drink soda, sugary drinks, sweet tea, sugar/cream coffee, etc. And my face still breaks out. I drink water all day long, am vegetarian, and don't eat sweets TOO often. Change your pillow case more often. Wash at least twice a day. Use a deep mask. Spot treat as soon as you feel a zit coming on. And yeah, facials can probably be beneficial. PS: a derm isn't just going to prescribe people Accutane. They are the doctor. Not us. I would be willing to bet Accutane is only prescribed to people with extremely bad acne. Like, their face is just covered in acne. But a derm can prescribe you products that are far more potent than what you can purchase OTC.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend