Home » Community » Message Boards » Skin Central » Baby products not just for baby, Prep H for eye puffyness

Discussion

Baby products not just for baby, Prep H for eye puffyness

A few baby products are great for us too! 

Baby oil is excellent for removing waterproof mascara, "all-day" lip colors, and stains along your hairline from hair coloring.

Baby lotion is a nice mild lotion to use after shaving.  It's gentle and just as moisturizing as the fancier stuff for adults.

I know this forum is for skin, but one baby product is good for hair. 

Baby powder can work in a pinch as a "dry shampoo".  It will absorb excess oil and freshen your hair without fading the color, if you have color-treated hair. (Another thing that works is baking soda, but it COULD fade color....try a small section first)  I once found myself with no hot water and really needed to wash my hair.  Hair colorist told me baby powder will work in an emergency like that.  Sprinkle it on your brush and work it in well.

Desitin is not just for diaper rash!  It has zinc-oxide which protects your skin.  I've found it to protect cuts well (esp, if you don't want to wear a band-aid for some reason), as well as skin irritations from treatments.  I got a rash from this Nair stuff for the upper lip.  The Desitin soothed the redness & irritation.  Also, because it's whitish & opaque-looking, it covered the redness as well soothed it.  After letting it set a bit, I was still able to put my usual sunscreen & foundation over it, but I patted it on in that area rather than rubbing it on since I didn't want to rub the Desitin off.

And now for a product's use that is not its original purpose...LOL

I've read that Prep H is good for undereye puffyness!  Yeah, I laughed too.  I haven't tried it, but I read in some beauty magazine that some models use it as a last minute soother for puffy eyes.Laughing

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

2 Replies

Mazedude
2 years, 4 months ago
Recreo Powder

There's a little-known product called Recreo Powder (Google it) that's original development was to heal diaper rash, but has also turned out to be great for several other forms of skin irritation. It's become rather popular in nursing homes and adult care, since it works just as well for skin irritation from the bed, incontinence, whatever. Supposedly it works well for sunburns and chafing as well, and it's all natural and unscented.

I've only used it personally on my baby nephew; my wife and I (no kids) took him in for a week, and the first day I had to change a diaper I got hit with a storm of epic proportions (will spare further details)... learned pretty quick after that, but a couple days into it the diaper rash was insane. Nothing quite like taking in a baby and suddenly they're crying like crazy halfway through the stay. But, we tried the powder it cleared things up remarkably fast... so yeah, I recommend it. Only available online, but it's not expensive at all.

Coconutvanilla7
insider
2 years, 7 months ago
Re: Baby products not just for baby, Prep H for eye puffyness

I also use the baby oil as a makeup remover. My mom taught me this as a teenager and my sister, mom, & I all use it. I have even gotten my friends into it. I think its more gentle than anything else and it makes my eyelashes really soft.

I have also heard the thing about the prep H but I've never tried it but I could see how it would work lol

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend