Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » Eyeliner that doesn't disappear?

Discussion

Eyeliner that doesn't disappear?

My eyeliner is really nice, and it always looks really good when I put it on. (I only put it on the light pink part of my eyes, don't know what that is called, but the top and bottem of the inner eyelid if that makes sense) When I am feeling ambitious sometimes I put it on my upper eyelid for a cat eye look.
But after an hour or so my eye liner seems to fade extremely bad! Am I putting it on wrong? Or do I just always choose cheap eyeliner? It is still on my eyes... Just not as "black" looking as it was when I first put it on. Help! Thanks in advance :)

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

16 Replies

LipglossandSpandex
BLOGGER
3 years ago
It's probably the eyeliner...

I have difficulty with keeping eyeliner on my waterline no matter what kind I use. However, CARGO's kohl pencil is very black and does pretty well, as do Urban Decay's 24/7 eyeliners. MAC Fluidlines and Stila Smudgepots are probably my favorite though--I gently pat the product onto the waterline with an eyeliner brush.

BlackFleur145
allstar
3 years ago
Re: Eyeliner that doesn't disappear?

I always use a pencil liner and/or fluid lliner on the bottom waterline as well as right under the lash line. To make it last longer, I then take a small rounded brush and apply a matching (or a color in the same family) and apply an eye shadow. This will also give that sultry look, especially with a deep brown. This really helps me. Always apply a primer and it will last all day.

The creamier the pencil or my choice MAC fliud line in dip down, the better the shadow will stick.

Best of luck!

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years, 12 months ago
Eyeliner that doesn't disappear

First, don't line the inside of your eye.  It can cause bacteria to get into your eyes, and it looks too harsh.  Use a kohl eye pencil directly under your eye.  Then take a cosmetic wedge or Q-tip and smudge it gently.  Then take an angled brush and lightly sweep the color of your eyeliner (which I assume is black or brown) over the eyeliner with an eyeshadow.  Don't create raccoon eyes.  All of this is small applications.  Don't make wide lines and smudges.  I guarantee your liner will stay on.  The secret is the smudging and powder eyeshadow over the liner.  It makes a very nice smokey eye, which is all the rage right now.  I am a cosmetology student and I completed the L'Oreal Academy plus I am an Allstar with Total Beauty.

Good luck.  It works and you will be very happy.

aly7
elite
2 years, 12 months ago

Lately, I discovered Tarte EmphasEYES Inner Rim Eye Pencil in Black. AMAZING! Stays ALL DAY and NEVER smudges! I steal at $18/

Tashaturnbaugh
2 years, 11 months ago

Nyc cheap like 99 cents and it works so will for that try it

GlitzyGal
2 years, 5 months ago
Try this

I just read that if you apply a primer before you put your eye makeup on then it will last loner...here's a link to the article, its a good one! Eye Makeup

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend