Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Mascara recommendation?

Discussion

Mascara recommendation?

I can't seem to find a mascara that I'm happy with... I'm currently using Maybelline's WATERPROOF full and soft brand and like that it doesn't make my eyelashes feel like straw, but I can't seem to get my mascara to stay on and not show up ABOVE and BELOW my eyes.  Very frustrating!  I've started using BioOil on my face (and I put it on my eye lids, too) and I'm wondering if maybe that's making my mascara slide off my eyes?  Any suggestions for what I can do?  Is there another brand that you think might work better for me?  I'd like to stick to something $12.00 or less! (I like the natural and full look)

Thanks,

Dawn R.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

11 Replies

aly7
elite
3 years, 1 month ago
dawnrager,

Try Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost in Very Black. I use regular, but they have waterproof. You will here me reccomned this again and again!!! I love it so much!!!!!!!

odmakeup
3 years, 1 month ago
Re: Mascara recommendation?

i love MAC false lashes.

taliarivas
insider
3 years, 1 month ago
The best!

Trult he best mascara on market that is less than $12 is the L'oreal Extra Volume Collagen Plumping mascara. This mascara makes my eyelashes look soo long and noticeable, you will love it.! strong recommendations!! good luck. p.s. its about 8 bucks.

CaroleVonAllten
elite
3 years, 1 month ago
Mascara

I just bought Maybelline's The Falsies Volume Express.  I also bought Revlon's Cutom Eyes that I use with the Maybelline product.  You can dial in 2 different kinds of application with the Revlon mascara.  Used together, my lashes are really full and long.  I love it!!  It really works.  Try that, and don't use the oil - sounds like that is causing the mascara to move around.

Also visit Ulta.com's website.  They always have a $3.50 off coupon, if you spend $10.00, you can print and take to the store.  And, if you have to order, they have a discount for on-line orders.  I love ULTA.  Not only do they carry "drugstore" brands, but they also carry high end products like Benefit etc.  They also have lines of skincare that you can test.  But they do not have as good a refund policy as Sephora on what Ulta calls the "Prestige" cosmetics, like Benefit, Too Faced etc.

Carole VonAllten

HannyDaforcena
3 years, 1 month ago

What about Maybelline's Volum'Express line?

aly7
elite
3 years, 1 month ago

hanny_kee, I suggest the Maybellline Voum' Express Turbo Boost Mascara in Very Black fro the Volum' Express Line:)

dawnrager
allstar
3 years, 1 month ago

Thanks, everyone!  I think I'll try some of your suggestions!

Dawn R.

Miss_Vicki
allstar
3 years, 1 month ago

CoverGirl LashBlast is my favorite mascara. I also like Sephora Atomic Volume.

jabbatrace
3 years, 1 month ago

ive been using maybelline falsies and cover girl last blash depending on the look i want. my only problem is that sometimes when i use falsies i feel like it looks clumped. have any suggestions on application?

alictasia
elite
3 years, 1 month ago
Mascara + oil...

Dawn, I use jojoba oil on my face because my skin is very sensitive.  I have to be careful in the morning not to get the oil around my eyes if I want my make up and mascara to look right and not creep around.  The BioOil might cause your mascara problems.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend