Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » Makeup ideas for Grey eyes

Discussion

Makeup ideas for Grey eyes

for the past few years now, I've swooned over the new eye color coordinated makeup, from brands like almay and covergirl.

However, my eyes don't fit in those neat little boxed colors, they aren't blue, brown, hazel or green but more on the grey side. 

Does anyone have suggestions on what colors would really make my eyes stand out? I've experimented with colors like grey, which make my eyes look tired, blue, which looked pretty awful, and the purply red tones directed at green eyes, i looked sort of scary. I want to try different colors other than just plain black, which is a great day to day look, but definitely boring. 

Any suggestions?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

6 Replies

aly7
elite
3 years, 1 month ago
Re: Makeup ideas for Grey eyes

I feel ya, hostagekitty!!! I have hazel eyes, and it is not as easy to find colors for them as you would think..... For grey eyes, I would suggest dark shimmery gray, shimmery off white, and for more colorful looks....eggplants and lavenders.:)

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 1 month ago

Have you tried gold, coppers and browns? They might look nice on you. We also have this great article that helps you find the right makeup colors based on your own tones that might be helpful.  

toddfan
allstar
3 years, 1 month ago
Grey eyes

Are your eyes small or large, what shape...What color is your hair and skin tone?Right off, I'd GUESS copper, bronze, maybe a pink or purple shade. Experiment with a cheap multi-colored kit. Whatever, grey eyes sound cool. Play them up!

crimsonshine
insider
3 years, 1 month ago

Definitely try gold, bronze, and copper shades as they work for blue eyes and grey eyes are generally closer to blue eyes than to any other color. Or just take a look at your shade of grey and try to figure out what it's closer to - is it a combination of grey, blue and green or something similar? Then, I suppose the shades suited for blue-green eyes might also suit you well. I think they have these star eye shadow palettes at L'Oréal, and the one from Laetitia Casta is definitely for green eyes!

Good luck! :)

alictasia
elite
3 years ago
Mine aren't totally grey, but...

browns make my sometimes blue, sometimes green, sometimes hazel eyes look more vivid.  It might work for you since, like your experience, I always thought the pink-purply red colors were scary!  I'm interested to see what you think about the browns.

Tashaturnbaugh
2 years, 11 months ago

I am a Mary Kay beauty consultant so I am listing Mary Kay shades that would compliment your eye color. Glacier gray and iced cocoa in cream eye colorand in mineral eye colors amber blaze, blue metal would be amazing, copper glow, and a highlight like moonstone would be gorgeous. Some perks of using mary kay is you can customize your own compact with the colors that will work for you and you can use the beauty profiler on my website to upload a picture of yourself and see how the colors work before you buy. Check it out www.marykay.com/tturnbaugh

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend