Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Your favorite makeup products???

Discussion

Your favorite makeup products???

Hey guys,

I really need your advice!  My birthday is coming up, and I am going to treat myself to higher end makeup. I really have been using more drugstore brands like Maybelline, L'Oreal, E.L.F., Covergirl,etc. Although I have learned that the higher the price tag, does not always mean the better the product, I want to let myself splurge a little! I want good quality, not tooooo expensive,and long lasting products:) Also, I have been wondering about a few higher end products. Please list your fave high end makeup products and what you think of the following things....

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

Tarte Cheek Stains

Mac Paint Pots

Anastasia Bronzer with cream blush

Mac Tinted Lip Conditoners

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

13 Replies

aly7
elite
3 years, 1 month ago
Re: Your favorite makeup products???

Thanks so mch! I really need to check these out!

kellabella
insider
3 years, 1 month ago
RE: YOUR FAV MAKEUP PRODUCTS

Hey Aly,

When's your bday and how old are you gonna be? You def deserve to treat yourself for your bday and what other better present, than makeup! Laughing

I've  only tried one of the products on your list and its the smashbox photo finish primer. I bought it at ulta about a year ago. it was around $45. I couldnt believe I spent that much after I left the store. Its definitly a good primer, but i also use the monistat primer (only $7), i just recently the other day bought Hard Candy's primer and I love it ($6). Honestly both of those primers are just like the smashbox one. I really dont notice a difference. So i would say save your money and get something more worth it. 

aly7
elite
3 years, 1 month ago

My bday is April 1st, and it sure is kreeping up on me!! I started making a list of items I want to  splurge on in January, and now I still dont know exactly what I want and it is the middleof Febuary! LOL. I do know that I want to try some new brands. Since I just got onto makeup about 2 years ago, I really have not tried everything out there! I do know that I am getting some things from Tarte, Stila, and Milani. Thanks for the suggestion, too. I really dont want to spend that much on the Smashbox Primer, tho. I think that Ulta has a Smashbox Value Set and it has the primer in it. Maybe I will try that.

Thanks Again.

-alyseven

MomEsq
insider
3 years ago
Hope I am not too late

Love the MAC paint pots

I second the NARS orgasm blush--really a lovely color

I love the Bobbi Brown cream eye shadows. THe MAC lip glass glosses are beautifully pigmented (but they are a bit sticky).

Please post when you do treat yourself and let us know what you got and how you like them!

LipglossandSpandex
BLOGGER
3 years ago
What'd you get?! :)

My opinion (although a little late):

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer-- caused me to break out. Looked good for an hour, then my foundation looked even worse and my face was even oilier than when I don't use ANY primer! Don't like it.

Tarte Cheek Stains--good stuff but can be a little sticky. I think that powder blush is actually easier to use.

Mac Paint Pots--awesome. Great under other shadows as primer, or on their own.

Anastasia Bronzer with cream blush--haven't used it.

Mac Tinted Lip Conditoners--feel good, but have a sunscreeny taste/smell.

yourbestchoice
2 years, 11 months ago
AUTHENTIC JAPAN SOUSINON, MOST EFFECTIVE SAFE WEIGHT LOSS PRODUCTS

AUTHENTIC JAPAN SOUSINON, THE MOST EFFECTIVE AND SAFE WEIGHT LOSS PRODUCTS!

EACH ITEM WITH ITS VERIFICATION CODE TO DIFFER FROM THE FAKE ONE!

JUST CONTACT ME FOR PRICING AND DETAILS.

http://yourbestchoice123.en.ec21.com/

Caroline

Japan Xiushentang(Sousinon) International Co.,Ltd

Baihui Plaza, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou

0086-020-83274478

0086-18688448073

japansousinon@gmail.com

aly7
elite
2 years, 11 months ago

thanks so much lipglossandspandex!

i love the tarte cheek stains, but the primer also caused little bumps all over my face.

thanks everyone!

cassie_van
insider
2 years, 11 months ago
ORIGINS!!!!

I love origins for they are the only foundation that caused me no breakout!!!! My skin is super sensitive, i get break out with everything I tried! until I found Origins. their makeups is natural and very gentle for your skin.

1. Foundation: Orgins MultiGrain make up: this is a must for me, it has SPF 14 and when i put it on I feel like i have nothing on my face!

2. Concealer: Benefit Erase Paste - it's THE ONE for me whenever I need to hide an ugly pimple or dark cirlces.

3. Lips: Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment: all this does is enhanced the natural beauty of your lips. Goes on so smooth and stay for so long. Also SPF 15 is just another thing to love! You'll get addicted, trust me!

4. Mascara: Fresh Supermova Mascara: This is the only one I found that actually stays on your lashes! Im so sick of whenever using mascara for my lower lashes, 1 hour later looking at the mirror I see dark circles (because the mascara doesnt stay on the lashes!) Until I found this magic beaty. Highly recommended! 

5. Blush: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 hours blush: they are beautiful :) fresh and bright!!!! Adore it

I dont use any of those 5 products that listed but i saw good reviews about them, I just tend to use everything natural base since natural works better for your skin. so MAC isnt the one for me. 

aly7
elite
2 years, 11 months ago

thanks girls! I also love the Mac Lip Conditoners and treated myself to "Petting Pink"

makeupbyjanalyn
allstar
3 years, 1 month ago
Favorites

Opinion on your wishlist:

-Smashbox Photofinish Primer is awesome! If you have oily or acne prone skin I would opt to get the Oil Free version.

-Tarte Cheek Stains are good for everyday use since they come on pretty sheer, I like the Nars Multiple a lot which is similar but with more color.

-MAC Paint Pots are also awesome! I use them as a base for eyeshadow too just to give it a little more color. 'Indianwood' is a great color, its like a gold bronze color, also 'Blackground' works as a great base for a smoky eye, 'Let Me Pop' is a unique color with gold and pink tones, great to wear by itself or as a base

-MAC Tinted Lip Conditioners I love also. I got the one with Lavender in it but I think they are sold out. I also have the clear one which works well for dry lips and it lasts really really long on your lips, I think the longest I went was about 6 hours without having to reapply

-Anastasia Bronzer, never tried it =(

Other Favorites that last long, not too expensive and are good quality:

-Nars Blush in 'Lovejoy' $27

-Nars Bronzer in 'Laguna' $33

-MUFE HD Foundation $40 (expensive, but worth it!)

-MUFE Aqua Eyeliners $17

-MAC Dazzleglasses, Lipsticks & Eyeshadows

-Korres Lip Butters $10

-Urban Decay Primer Potion $18

Hope this helped!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend