Home » Community » Message Boards » Skin Central » Has anyone ever tried Frownies, and if so, how did they work for you?

Discussion

Has anyone ever tried Frownies, and if so, how did they work for you?

I never even heard of Frownies until I read Raquel Welch's book, "Beyond the Cleavage."  That's odd, since they've been in existence about a century now.

I haven't yet used them nightly for 30 days yet, but so far I'm not sure they are doing anything.  They are also hard to remove and are odd sizes.  I had to custom cut them to go under my eyes, not at the corners so much.  They also don't give you an even number of both types of patches (the box I got has patches for corners of the mouth and corners of the eyes).  The patches are also stiff and uncomfortable to sleep in, and if the edges don't stick well, they can stick you.Yell

Welch swears by them (she looks SO GOOD for her 69 years!), as does Oprah as the clerk in the beauty supply store told me.

I read some reviews of them, and like anything else out there, they worked for some people and did nothing for others.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

10 Replies

Wrinklefree
3 years, 1 month ago
Frownies

Hi Ladies, I am the CEO of Frownies just so you know. Frownies really work but you need to use them correctly.  That is the one problem this is a new and different method to most of you.  The paper patches are never to be used under the eyes first off.  They work on facial muscles and the tissue under the eye is not muscle.  They patch needs to be stiff to lift the line out of the patch.  The mouth and corner of eyes are the hardest to get used to while sleeping. I usually where then while watching TV.  the forehead patch is easy to get used to and fastest to correct. 

If lyou have under eye problems the Eye Gels are great for increasing circulation and helping with under eye issues.  I am putting up some new training videos so you may visit the web site and see if it helps you understand how to apply them or just email me with your questions.

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years, 12 months ago
Frownies

I have  been using Fownies for years, at night.  I do not have a #ll between my eyes.  You have to be careful when placing them on that area.  I have never had a problem with them hurting my skin.  As my p.m. skin ritual,I wash my face, then put on Frownie right away. Only between my eyes. It won't adhere to creams and lotions.  Then I put on toner,  creams and lotions, serums and so on.  In the a.m. I take off the frownie and low and behold - clear skin where frownie was. (Concentrate on not frowning when it is off) Then I do my morning cream ritual including the Frownie area.  Don't use Frownies  all over your face. That is actually what they are NOT designed to do; hence the name "Frownies" The very best thing to do is take care of your skin with the use of serums and skin tightening serums and creams.  Kiehl's makes the best line of tightening products I have ever used.  They use acai berries, the hottest thing on the market and with plenty of anti-oxidents, the key to building collagen.  (I have done a lot of research.)  Don't expect instaneous results.  You need to be patient, but their toner, skin firming tightening serum and deep wrinkle remover really work.  I also use L'Occitane for day cream and night cream,too.  Go to a L'Occitane store and they will explain everything to you.  My skin is finally turning around after I went through a terrible 5 months when my husband was out of work.  The worry and stress and weight loss caused deep lines.  I now am getting better.  Get lots of sleep, exercise, eat fruit and vegetables and by all means use a sunscreen even if you're not going outside.  The lights in your house also give out UV rays!!  Without sunscreen, your skin will be damaged.  And lastly, exfoliate 3 times a week.  I use St Ives.  Really reasonable priced.  Also for what you are getting from Kiehl's, it is moderately priced --lower than other lines like Clinique, Arden etc.  Kiehls recycles  their bottles and aren't in fancy packaging, so they keep the price down.  You will find a Kiehls counter in one of the more upscale department stores. (Like Nodstrom and Dillards)  You could also check out Beauty.com or do a google search if you can't find Kiehls.  Also read the Kiehls reviews on Total Beauty. Call the store first, to make sure they have it.or go to Drugstore.com, or Beauty.com.

Good luck. I am a Total Beauty Allstar, and I am in cosmetology school. (after being a paralegal for 20 years.)  Now  I am doing something that will help other people look and feel good.

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years, 12 months ago
Skincare

I have used Frownies for years, and they really do work to get the number 11 under control between your eyes.  Make sure you do not frown, also, because that will affect their effectiveness.  Also before applying, put on frownie first, and then put your night cream.  Frownies don't stick to surfaces with cream.  They key is to use them every night, and don't frown!!!  You can get them at www.drugstore.com or www.beauty.com. They are not expensive - about $14.oo for a jam packed box of 100-200.  I swear by these things.

They really work.  I leave them on all night and in the am until I am ready to put on makeup.  If you do have the rotten #eleven tetween your eyes, use Frownies regiously every night!!!

toddfan
allstar
3 years, 1 month ago
Frownies

I wanted to  try them at first now I'm not so sure! After all" Renne Russo" swears by them according to one ad.

lisa2683
allstar
3 years, 1 month ago
frownies?

I've never heard of these but now that I've read what you posted about them I'm intrigued!!  Are they expensive? How many come in a box or pack?  Where do they sell them? lol sorry I feel like i'm interrogating you, but i would love to check them out and see how they work.   Smile

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years, 12 months ago
Frownies

ladyboarder9669
elite
2 years, 11 months ago
I had never heard of frownies but it sounds like a pretty cool product.

Supernaturalfan
insider
3 years, 1 month ago
Re: Has anyone ever tried Frownies, and if so, how did they work for you?

They cost about $20 a box.  Depending on how often you use them (daily, weekly...) and how many patches per day, they last about a month.  I got mine at a beauty supply store; I doubt if drugstores would have it.  But they might.  I bought them around 1/22, and I still have a LOT left.  That could be partly because I cut them into smaller, customized sizes.  I didn't like the shapes they came in.  They are squares of brown bag-like paper with adhesive on the back, with preforations on each square.  Or like that craft paper you used as a kid.

Yeah, odd that something that is this old is something I haven't heard of until I read Welch's book.  Supposedly, silent movie actresses used them to smooth their lines before filming.  In that case, you're supposed to leave them on for only 3 hours.  They must work for enough people; otherwise the company wouldn't keep making/selling them.

So far, I'm not sure if I'm going to get them again.  Another week of using them, and I'll check to see if they made a difference.  After the inital month. they suggest using them 2-3 times a week.  I suppose they could be used before a special event, if you're sitting at home anyway.Wink

They come 144 patches to a box.  I'm still skeptical.

Supernaturalfan
insider
2 years, 11 months ago
Re: Has anyone ever tried Frownies, and if so, how did they work for you?

I did use Frownies nightly for a month, and I didn't see any real results.  I used them on the crow's feet on the corners of my eyes, not all over my face.  LOL  The instructions themselves say to apply moisturizer first, letting it sink in.

I had no trouble with them not sticking to the moisturizer, in fact they stuck a little too well.  Really hard to remove in the morning, as I had to get the water between my skin & the patch.  Simply wetting the surface won't do it.  They are very uncomfortable to wear, and I will not get them again.

I still have quite a few left, as I didn't use the ones for the corners of my mouth. 

They do temporarily smooth lines, so they would work for a special occasion.  You could wear them while getting ready.  But after awhile, the lines return.

I still want to hear what anyone else out there thinks who have used them for at least  a month.  As with any product, I found both good & bad reviews on them in a Google search, along with some neutral reviews.

Bon_Bon
elite
3 years, 1 month ago
huh

never heard of them how much do they cost??

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend