Home » Community » Message Boards » Giveaways, Samples, Freebies, Deals, and More! » Enter to Win a Box of Sally Hansen's Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips

Discussion

Enter to Win a Box of Sally Hansen's Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips

Want to add some sparkle into your nail routine without having to wait for your nail polish to dry? Now you can with Sally Hansen's new Nail Polish Strips.  These adorable pieces of nail art are DBP, toluene- and formaldehyde-free and they can last for up to ten days. Just peel, apply, file and go! 

We're giving away one full set to five lucky winners from now until Wednesday 2/23/2011.

How to enter: First, fill out this form by clicking this link and then share your favorite nail perfecting tip in this thread to be entered for a chance to win. Submit the info by Wednesday 2/23/2011 by 6 p.m. PST. The winners will be selected later that day. 

Sally Hansen's Nail Polish Strips MetallicsSally Hansen's Nail Polish Strips Fashion Print

What the Product Includes: 

Each kit includes 16 nail polish strips, a cuticle stick, mini file/ buffer and instructions for easy at-home application. When you’re ready to change your nail strips, simply swipe nails with your favorite Sally Hansen polish remover for an instantly clean slate. Choose from three statement-making collections:

Shiny Neons: Get notice-me nails with these no dry-time hues.

Available strips: Cry Baby, It Girl, Violet Night, Teal With It, Groove, Electric Shock, Squeezed!, Red-y for Trouble

High-Shine Metallics: Shimmer, shine, sparkle and standout without waiting for nails to dry.

Available strips: Frock Star, Bling it On, Glitz Bitz, Raise a Glass, Blue Ice

High-Fashion Patterns: From racy leopard print to lady-like lace, prints and patterns are easy to achieve.

Available strips: Wild Child, Kitty Kitty, Fly With Me, Girl Flower, Misbehaved, Laced Up, Booty Camp and Collide-o-Scope, Cut it Out, Check it Out, Skinny Jeans.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

55 Replies

Agrimony
insider
3 years, 1 month ago
My best tip.

My best tip is an echo of many others -moisturize.  I apply lotion several times throughout the day and in winter I use cuticle oil every day.  And I don't use my nails for tools.  That helps a lot!

mannyfern
3 years, 1 month ago
Favorite Nail Perfecting Tip

I always use topcoat.

jenniferaileen
3 years, 1 month ago
Sally Hansen Nail Strip Tips

When applying nail polish strips, I found it easiest to cut the strips in half before smoothing down and then filing.  This works well on shorter nails because with a little stretching and shaping you can actually get an entire mani and pedi from just one set of 8.  My nails are shorter and my nail beds are small, so I was able to use one strip to cover two separate nails.  I then used the largest size for my big toes and cut the extra 2 strips into small pieces which I used for the rest of my toes.  Worked very well, and I still have a whole extra set of 8 for another mani pedi!

nikki_karsten_reilly
3 years, 1 month ago
Nail Tip

My best recommendation would be to keep your cuticles trimmed, nailes filed and to use olive oil on your hands and nails to help moisturize them

BleyNYC
insider
3 years, 1 month ago
my nail tip

Winter can be especially harsh on your hands so I always make sure to rub a cuticle cream on my cuticles and nails to keep them moisturized.  The one I use has lemon essential oil so it makes my nails shiny and my hands smell great!

hypercrash
3 years, 1 month ago
My Best Nail Tip!

I always make sure my cuticles are taken care of, and I use a nourishing polish remover.

lelalu100
insider
3 years, 1 month ago
Re: Enter to Win a Box of Sally Hansen's Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips

i love using oils to moisturize my nails... olive oil... sesame.. sweet almond.. grapeseed..

i heat them and then use it as a hot oil treatment... i often add other herbs and essential oils to the carrier oils so they have more benefits than just moisturizing..

i often add them for their stress relieving benefits

<3 

MaryannRandi
3 years, 1 month ago
Moisturize and maintain!

Of course we all know to moisturize, but little things such as trimming, filing and pushing back cuticles every once in awhile make a huge difference! :) I have short nails, that rarely grow and I have found that nailgrowth miracle works wonders to strengthen them and help them grow. :)! 

shaysez
3 years, 1 month ago
My best tip!

My best tip-

DO THEM YOURSELF!!! 

If I could tell every woman in the world just one thing, it would be to never go to a nail salon. Now while I know that not every single nail salon can cause disease or fungus, most can. If nail salons followed the exact instructions on how to NOT spread disease, they would not make any money. Almost every item would need to be replaced. The acrylic nail solution and powder are dipped into with a brush nail after nail, client after client, and this is after your nails have been filed down with a machine that many times cuts into your cuticles. The filers they use are used over and over again. The list goes on and on. Sadly, I myself caught a fungus from my favorite salon, and it was so gross! Thankfully my salon downfall was not that bad, but when I started to research about the dark side of getting your nails done professionally, what I found scared me into doing my nails myself from that day on. All I will say is this, 'women have ended up having fingers amputated as a result of diseases caught from nail salons and tools carrying bacteria'. If you want real horror stories, just look up nail salon diseases on google, you'll also find equally horrifying pictures. You know what though, after a short while of doing my own nails and getting better polish and better tools to use, you'd be amazed at how often women ask me, 'where do you get your nails done?" Most do not believe me when I say I do them myself. I do my own pedicures, manicures, and even acrylics. I save a TON of $$$ money, and not once have I done my own nails and had them come out any less pretty than they would have in the salon, (most times I think they look even better)! Still, even if they did not come out as great as they do, I don't care, because every single time I know that I am safe because my tools and files are clean, I will not catch anything, my nails will get all the attention they need, and let's face it ladies... Having your nails done should make you happy, not be something you worry about losing your fingers over. Good luck! 

GlamourIsLife
insider
3 years, 1 month ago
favorite nail perfecting tip

I use biotin daily, it helps with my nails, and I get less chipping. When I do get a chip, I file down, and use nail Hardener.  Those two are allways on hand and a life(well ok Nail) saver!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend