Home » Community » Message Boards » Hair Help » Help! I'm having a hard time figuring out my face shape!

Discussion

Help! I'm having a hard time figuring out my face shape!

I've been searching the internet for days, but I'm still not feeling confident about how to determine my face shape.  It's incredibly frustrating!  I've pulled my bangs off my face and I think I could be either be: round, oval, or square.  I guess I'm wondering how you determine what facial shape you have if you fall "in-between" shapes?  Any ideas of additional websites which might be able to help me?  Thanks, friends!  (I want to get this figured out so I can go to the salon in the next few weeks and pick out a style which will flatter my face.)

Dawn R.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

6 Replies

aly7
elite
3 years, 2 months ago
Re: Help! I'm having a hard time figuring out my face shape!

square- your face seems in the shape of a box, your chin should be a straight line on the bottom, not angled at all

heart- when you look at your face, everthing [eyes,nose,etc] should seem close together. your chin should be angled

round- the easiest way to tell is to take a large peice of paper and trace a perfect circle onto it, then hold it to  your head. your face does not need to be this size, but your head should follow the basic lines and angles as the paper.

oval- use the same circle, if your head seems to be more slender than the paper circle but still resembles it, its an oval.

hostagekitty
insider
3 years, 2 months ago

Based on your display photo, i would wager that you have a very nice oval face :)

dawnrager
allstar
3 years, 1 month ago

Thanks, ladies, for your help!

Dawn R.

aly7
elite
3 years, 1 month ago
I think that you have a round face:)

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 1 month ago

Hey Dawn. I hear you! For the longest time I couldn't decide if I had more of an oval or square face myself. This article really helped me determine that I am in fact an oval.  

jessicaviolett
allstar
10 months, 3 weeks ago

oval

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend