Home » Community » Message Boards » Skin Central » New natural skin care regimen? Confused about products...

Discussion

New natural skin care regimen? Confused about products...

I have been wanting to find a skin care regimen that i can follow using only natural products. I'm am 15 years old and I have combination skin (oily in T-zone and normal on cheeks/rest of face). My upper lip, my nose, in between my eyebrows, and my upper forehead is where I normally break out. My break outs are usually small and I dont have much acne. On my nose my pores are mostly visible. When look in the mirror the pores look like they are filled with black gunk (blackheads?), but they aren't bumpy like regular acne. I also have a few acne scars/marks leftover from previous battles with acne, so i'm hoping to clearing those away.

I have researched many product brands, and they all seem good but I'm hoping not to have to splurge to figure out which products are the best. What I'm looking for is a Cleanser that does a verry good job in removing make up and cleaning my pores without drying out my skin, an exfoliator (preferably a scrub) that brings healthly and soft skin that glows, and a moisturizer that keeps my skin hydrated (I will also appreciate any toners that are good). Weekly masks that I can also use is great!

The product brands I have been looking at are:

-Aveeno     -Alba Botanica     -Burt's Bees     -Aubrey Organics     -St. Ives

The products that I'm intrested but can't seem to choose from are:

-Alba Hawaiian Facial Cleanser Pineapple Enzyme

-Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub

-Alba Sea Algae Enzyme Facial Scrub

-Alba Natural ACNEdote Oil control lotion

-Burt's Bees Peach & Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub

Any additional product suggestions are welcome!!! Thanks for helping (:

Also, I'm hoping to keep the product budget under $20. Drugstore products are excellent too!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

2 Replies

amiee_belanger
3 years, 2 months ago
Re: New natural skin care regimen? Confused about products...

I have used the Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub and I liked it. Not to grainy and smells nice and does help with evening your skin tone. I've never tried the other products but Im interested in your expirience with them! :)

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 2 months ago
Re: New natural skin care regimen? Confused about products...

My personal favorite from the products you mentioned is the pineapple enzyme scrub from Alba. It leaves your skin feeling soft, smells great and isn't too expensive.  

I've used it on my neck and decollete area as well.

Good luck!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend