Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Else » Vampires & other scary things!

Discussion

Vampires & other scary things!

I'm starting this discussion for those of you who like vampire stuff & other spooky things!!  They could be books, TV shows, movies, soundtracks, etc.  True Blood, Vampire Diaries, Twilight, Moonlight, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Ghost Whisperer, Charmed (the witches dealt with monsters as well as magic), etc.  So, talk about your favorites here!  There's those Anne Rice vampire books, as well as many others from other authors.  Include warlocks/witches, werewolves, etc. as well as vampires.  Doesn't matter how old or recent your favorites are!  Who liked the BOOKS Frankenstein and Dracula better than the movies???

I didn't know True Blood was based on a series of books.  I don't get HBO so I haven't seen it.  But I love Vampire Diaries!  Only just read the first volume of the books, but the series is very different and WAY BETTER.

Also, I know Buffy has been off the air for years, but I recently discovered this fun show in syndication.  Now I'm hooked!  Thank goodness for reruns!!!Laughing

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

5 Replies

aly7
elite
3 years, 2 months ago
Re: Vampires & other scary things!

I am not a HUGE "scary thing person" i.e. vampires and werewolves. But i do like the darker aspect that these writers display. My hero is Edgar Allan Poe for his darker life and the way he portrays himself.

toddfan
allstar
3 years, 2 months ago
Re: Spooky

I loved the Buffy series, read the Anne Rice novels, and have been watching Dark Shadows episodes on You Tube. Horror films are great! No matter how corny some are. The Shining, Carrie, Silence of the lambs... I even (if awake at 4 a.m.) watch on the This Network The Outer Limits. Not so scary, but, if you happen to be awake at that hour... I would rather read the book after I see the film.

Supernaturalfan
insider
3 years, 2 months ago

I also like the works of Edgar Allan Poe.  "The Raven" is my favorite poem of his.

I watched Dark Shadows all the time as a kid; I was fascinated by Barnabas.  I actually thought they ALL looked like vampires, LOL.  So pale & eerie acting.  Also enjoyed the shows Outer Limits, Night Gallery, and Twilight Zone!  (The original, not the updated one from the 80's)

I've recently become addicted to the British series "Being Human" on BBC America.  George, the werewolf, is my favorite. 

An American version started airing on Sy-Fy, but the British version is WAY SUPERIOR.  I don't like the ghost, Sally, on the American version.  She's "wimpy" compared to Annie on the UK version.

I used to read a lot of Stephen King.  Most of the movie versions of his books (that I've seen, as there's SO MANY)  were pretty good, but the books were way better.  This is usually the case, in my opinion.  I prefer to read the book first, so I get the background and details on everyone, even if the movie or TV version is different.

Horror fans reading this...include science fiction too, as horror & sci-fi often overlap to me.

I also love Doctor Who.  I miss David Tennant as The Doctor, as I thought he was more fun than Matt Smith.

aly7
elite
3 years, 2 months ago

I personally love Annabel Lee by Edgar Allan Poe:)

ladyboarder9669
elite
3 years, 1 month ago
I've never been a vampire fan but I, like everyone else, fell in love with twilight!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend