Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Else » Can a guy be too nice to date?

Discussion

Can a guy be too nice to date?

My most recent relationship ended due to the fact that the girl I was dating said, "I'm too strong of a woman to go out with such a nice guy like you". I'm sure that was just a excuse to get rid of me but what do you think? ..........Could being too nice of a guy be enough to break up with him?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

6 Replies

scarrillo
insider
3 years, 2 months ago
Re: Can a guy be too nice to date?

Aww, that sucks, I'm sorry! It kind of sounds like an excuse but I will say no one likes being with a pushover, maybe she felt like you weren't assertive enough? I wouldn't worry about being "too much of a nice guy" though, the right girl will definitely appreciate that about you!

Supernaturalfan
insider
3 years, 2 months ago
I don't get this

Granted, this is just my opinion, but there's not ENOUGH nice guys out there!  I think she needs to have her head examined, cause that can't be the real reason.  If it is, I guess she doesn't think she deserves to be treated well.Tongue out

ladyboarder9669
elite
3 years, 1 month ago
The way I see it...

I think the problem with most nice guys is they are seriously lacking confidence, which most women see as a turn off. Its really rare to find the nice guy who is also very confident and not insecure. The jerks are usually over confident (although still insecure) and the nice guys are usually a lot of work because you have to constantly build them up. Note to nice guys everywhere- Know that you are amazing and women will see it too!!

rockgal911
insider
3 years, 1 month ago
Can a guy be too nice to date?

To me, what she says doesn't sound right. Some girls can break up with a nice guy, because they think he deserves someone better or their not good enough for him. Personally that's how I would feel. But this girl seems to be hiding something. Whatever the case, there's nothing wrong with you and I'm sorry about the break up. But she's probably not the one for you. Don't worry, the right girl will show up sooner or later : )

toddfan
allstar
3 years, 1 month ago
Nice Guy

If a woman isn't ready to be in a commited relationship she may have been trying to gently let you know. She probably didn't want to hurt you. Don't give up! There are plenty of women looking for nice guys!The right one will come along. Wish you all the best!!! I found mine and we're going on 20 years.

volta
elite
3 years ago
Re: Can a guy be too nice to date?

Whatever, it's her loss!

How many of us would kill to have a nice guy in our lives? haha

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend