Home » Community » Message Boards » All About Nails » Uneven, rippled nails?!?!

Discussion

Uneven, rippled nails?!?!

Ok, so I know this a common thing with some women, but it drives me Crazy!  This mainly only happens on my thumb nails for some unknown reason.  I've tried EVERYTHING!  I haven't had any acrylics in 2 years, so I know that isn't the problem.  Plus my nails grow fast (thanks to prenatal vitamins, seriously try them if you don't believe me!), so it isn't like my nails are super damaged.  I hope someone has a suggestion.  Thanks guys!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

12 Replies

darkcocoa
allstar
3 years, 1 month ago
Olive oil....

Either take an olive oil supplement or soak your nails in it. They will get strong, biotin or any vitamin b soluble is excellent as well hope this helps.

toddfan
allstar
3 years, 1 month ago
Nails

I didn't know that was common. My right thumb nail is very rippled! I once had a stranger at a store come up to me (she said she is a nurse) and said I should see a doctor because it means you have underlying medical issues. I don't use acrylics at all.

toddfan
allstar
3 years, 1 month ago
Nails

Do you know me? I didn't know ragged cuticles had anything to do with it?

aly7
elite
3 years ago
Re: Uneven, rippled nails?!?!

I used to bite and pick at my nails, too. Then, I started to swipe my nails with a polish remover with Bitex in it, it is ment to taste bad and linger on your nails:))

toddfan
allstar
3 years ago
Re: Nails

The Blond cracks me up! But, don't acrylic nails cause damage?

TheBlond
insider
3 years ago
Re: Nails

Glad I amuse you Toddfan! Yep, the acrylics cause damage. For me, they thin my natural nail if I have them on for too long. Like I said, I traded one bad habit for another, but I love the way they look and my cuticles look great too!

ChandraCarver
insider
3 years ago
Thanks everyone!

Wow Ya'll are great! I've also had the very bad habit of picking & chewing at my cuticles and the surrounding skin on my nails, especially my thumbs.  And I did notice that when I've had acrylics, I don't pick at them, but the acrylics get expensive to upkeep & I just get tired of them after a while.  Thanks so much for all the suggestions!

LipglossandSpandex
BLOGGER
2 years, 12 months ago
Nail buffer will help the symptom but not the cause.

My nails have ridges too. I don't pick at my cuticles much, but I still have them (and yet my boyfriend, who picks at his cuticles ALL THE TIME, doesn't). I use a nail buffer to just even them out a little. It makes at home manis look better too!

TheBlond
insider
3 years, 1 month ago
RE: Uneven, rippled nails?!?!

I used to have that problem with my thumb nails because I picked at my cuticles. It's been happening to my friend because she gets a little to aggressive pushing her cutiles back.

TheBlond
insider
3 years, 1 month ago
RE: Nails

LOL toddfan...perhaps we are friends. Yeah, believe it or not (and I didn't at first) damaged cuticles lead to ridged nails. Once I stopped picking my nails grew out smooth as could be.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend