Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » What wax are you using?

Discussion

What wax are you using?

D.I.Y waxing isn't as bad as you'd think but lately I've been wondering is there a better wax than what I can get at my local Sally Beauty?  I use Gigi Brazilian hard wax for down there and Gigi Dark Honee for my arms and legs, what waxes are you using? And does anyone know what wax the professionals use?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

4 Replies

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 2 months ago
Re: What wax are you using?

When I used to get professionally waxed, my esthetician would use Gigi Brazilian Hard Wax for down there too. When I started doing my own waxing at home, I picked up Parissa Hot Wax at Target. It works incredibly well and I couldn't be happier with the results.  For an at home treatment it's affordable and effective (though you definitely can't get all the areas that a professional does). Good luck and let me know how your search goes.

Parissa Warm Wax

darkcocoa
allstar
3 years, 2 months ago
Brazilian wax nightmare.........??!!

I use nads at home now, but was really into brazilian waxing for down there, well long story short the place I used to go to spilled the hot wax on some woman's nother-region and she was burned down there! I was mortified! I have been waxing at home ever since using nads. I'm going to try gigi's soon.

TBjunkie
elite
3 years, 2 months ago
Re: What wax are you using?

Tracy, I've tried Parissa and loved it too but it comes in such small quantities I needed to go all the way and get a wax melting machine and the whole setup so I use the big tubs.

darkcocoa, I would remommend Gigi's brand although I got a facial this weekend and nearby in the room was a double wax warmer so I sneaked a peak and the wax they use is Clean + Easy. I've seen this brand at Sally's beauty supply so I may give it a try.

LittleBunny
elite
3 years, 2 months ago
DIY waxer

I've always done my own waxing, and what I use you can get just about anywhere, including Sally's, and it's CHEAP. It's called Surgiwax, and they have different formulas for different areas of the body. What I like most about it is that it has a creamier, not-as-sticky consistency, and that you don't have to use cloth strips or anything-- you just wait for the wax to harden(about 45 seconds), and then pull it off. I've tried a few others, but I always come back to this. It's by far the best I have tried.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend