Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » Makeup for blondes?

Discussion

Makeup for blondes?

I recently went back to blonde (after years of my dark brown natural color)... I love my blonde hair and I get a lot of compliments on it, but I'm still not sure I'm wearing the correct makeup shades, etc.  I prefer a more natural look and tend to stick with taupe and browns, but am I missing the boat on other shades which may compliment better?  I have dark blue eyes and a ROSY medium complexion... I look forward to hearing your feedback!  Thanks!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

3 Replies

Kristen_TBeditor
insider
3 years, 2 months ago
Makeup for blondes

I'm also a blonde -- with blue eyes -- and when it comes to eye makeup, taupes and browns are always safe to stick with. If you want to branch out a bit though, try bronzy or coppery shades. They will really make your eyes stand out and complement your golden strands. If you want to try color, go for eggplant or plummy shades -- they are universally flattering (where skin tone is concered) and look great on blondes. Check out this Color Finder tool too, it'll prescribe shades for you based on your hair color and your skin's undertone. Then it'll let you choose whether you're looking for a day or nighttime makeup look and give you great recommendations from a top Los Angeles-based makeup artist. It's super helpful. Good luck!

dawnrager
allstar
3 years, 2 months ago
Re: Makeup for blondes?

Thanks, Kristen_TBeditor!  I will try the tool now... Sounds like fun!  Laughing

Dawn R.

hostagekitty
insider
3 years, 2 months ago
Re: Makeup for blondes?

Purples and taupey browns definitely work for blue eyes and blond hair. Try to avoid the popular smokey eye look with blacks, since it doesn't match well with the blond eyebrows and will give you a black eye look, this is from personal experience. a light dusting of metallic white in the corners of your eyes, and i mean very light, avoid a strong concentration, will draw attention to your pretty blues. 

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend