Home » Community » Message Boards » » LEMON TRICK

Discussion

LEMON TRICK

This lemon and sugar scrub for your face is great. All you need is either a lemon or lemon juice, and some sugar. Preferably organic lemon juice  because you dont want to put somethinng with a lot of chemicals, etc on your face. 

THIS HELPS REMOVE DEAD SKIN CELLS, THE LEMONS HELP WIH ACNE, BLACKHEADS, DISCOLARATION, SUN SPOTS, AGE SPOTS. & THE SUGAR HAS WONDERFUL BENIFETS ALSO, ITS A GREAT EXFOLIANT AND IT SMOOTHS THE SKIN.  IT MAKES YOUR SKIN FEEL SO SOFT AFTERWARDS! ITS ALMOST LIKE A MINI FACE PEEL BC YOUR REMOVING THAT TOP LAYER OF DIRTY SKIN.  

1. WET YOUR FACE WITH WARM WATER (TO OPEN YOUR PORES)

2. TAKE A COTTON BALL OR ONE OF THOSE COTTON ROUNDS AND SOAK THAT WITH THE LEMON JUICE, THEN TAKE ABOUT A TEASPOON OF SUGAR AND PUT IT ON YOUR COTTON BALL OR COTTON ROUND (YOU CAN EVEN USE A WASHCLOTH)

3. TAKE YOUR COTTON BALL AND START SCRUBING AND BUFFING YOUR FACE. TRY AND GET THE AREAS THAT HAVE MORE IRRIATION OR BACTERIA LIKE YOUR T-ZONE. OR IF YOU HAVE ACNE, BLACKHEADS, SUNSPOTS ECT CONCENTRATE ON THOSE AREAS THE MOST. 

**IF YOU NOTICE IT STINGS AND ITS TOO MUCH FOR YOUR SKIN YOU CAN DELUTE THE LEMON JUICE WITH SOME WATER AND THAT WILL HELP**

4. KEEP GOING ALL AROUND YOUR FACE, TRY AND GET UP IN YOUR HAIRLINE (ESPECIALLY IF YOU DONT WASH YOUR HAIR EVERYDAY)

*IF YOU GET IT IN YOUR MOUTH BY ACCIDENT, ITS OKAY IT TASTE LIKE LEMONADE Laughing*

5. THEN RINSE OFF YOUR FACE WELL AND I PROMISE YOU WILL LOVE THE WAY YOUR SKIN FEELS. 

IF ANYONE TRIES IT OUT, LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THOUGHT Smile

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

20 Replies

aly7
elite
3 years, 2 months ago
Re: LEMON TRICK

Great tip! Anither fave of mine is to use lemon juice and honey for an exfoliator:)

dawnrager
allstar
3 years, 2 months ago

Sounds great!  I look forward to trying this... perhaps tonight!  I'll let you know how it works for me... I have very rosy cheeks so I suspect it may make them appear "more red" (at first), but I'll give it a whirl.  I will likely have to dilute the lemon juice a good bit...

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 2 months ago

Awesome trick. Thanks for sharing. I will have to try it too!

kellabella
insider
3 years, 2 months ago
HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT :)

Definitly let me know how it works out for you, yea it might make your face a little more red but only for a minute or two. 

toddfan
allstar
3 years, 2 months ago
Re: Lemon Trick

I tried it and liked it Thanks. Of course me being me. I HAD to taste it. Please keep posting DIY tips!!!

kellabella
insider
3 years, 2 months ago
RE: LEMON TRICK

@aly- i always wanted to try honey on my face but the kind i have at home says "clover honey" so im not sure if its the right kind to use on my face. Even though it says pure honey. Which kind do you use or does it matter?

aly7
elite
3 years, 2 months ago

Mine says clover honey too:) I think thst is the same thing as pure honey, because mine also says it is pure.

* also......

I dont know if totalbeauty has changed their site, or it is just my computer, but everything seems so much smaller! Een when I type a response it seems so small and hard to read, so I change the size, kinda a hassle, tho:( Does anyone else have this prob?

Supernaturalfan
insider
3 years, 2 months ago

Do you use this before or after cleansing, like if you have make-up or your face is particularly dirty, do you cleanse first?  Then, exfoliate?  Or do you use this in place of a cleanser?

Anyway, I tried this yesterday after using make-up remover, since I didn't have much on.  I usually cleanse before exfoliating.  I made a paste of lemon juice & honey, then dipped a cotton ball in it and applied it to my face.  It didn't sting at all, and you're right---it makes your skin so smooth!  Sure got rid of my dry, flaky patches better than a commercial scrub.

Since your skin is dry like mine, how often do you exfoliate?

Aly7, I also find the font harder to read, esp. when typing a reply.  It appears much larger once I click "post".  Still, changing the font itself would be nice.  Right now it seems you can only make it bold, in italics, or in a different color.  You can also highlight, like this.   How are you changing the SIZE of the font?  I don't see how you do that, unless you're typing it in Word or something first.

Honey is supposed to be a good hair conditioner, I heard.  I don't know the difference between clover honey & honey.  LOL  It is also a good sore throat soother.

kellabella
insider
3 years, 1 month ago
RE: @ aly and @supernaturalfan

@aly- the only thing i noticed smaller is our avatars. But its weird bc when you posted that comment (about everything being smaller) your font was like 5 times bigger than it usually is. hmmm..lol

good to know that i can use the honey in my house now! thx :) 

@supernaturalfan, yea your supposed to cleanse first, then exfoliate then if you were to use some kind of facial and then moisturize. I exfoliate everyday but with a mild one (i dont use the lemon trick everyday thats more a few  times a week). I use St. Ives face exfoliant (i forgot which kind) but its really good for everyday use. 

kellabella
insider
3 years, 1 month ago
RE: @ aly and @supernaturalfan

@aly- the only thing i noticed smaller is our avatars. But its weird bc when you posted that comment (about everything being smaller) your font was like 5 times bigger than it usually is. hmmm..lol

good to know that i can use the honey in my house now! thx :) 

@supernaturalfan, yea your supposed to cleanse first, then exfoliate then if you were to use some kind of facial and then moisturize. I exfoliate everyday but with a mild one (i dont use the lemon trick everyday thats more a few  times a week). I use St. Ives face exfoliant (i forgot which kind) but its really good for everyday use. 

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend