Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Should I use Cetaphil Ultra Hydrating Lotion as an eye cream?

Discussion

Should I use Cetaphil Ultra Hydrating Lotion as an eye cream?

Hi!  I am trying to research whether it's appropriate to use Cetaphil Ultra Hydrating Lotion on my face at night, especailly in the eye area. 

I've tried soooooo many facial moisturizers and treatments (I'm a bit of a product junky) but it was recommended my new dermotologist that I use Cetaphil on my face.  I feel weird using a body lotion on my face but I've heard this is a good moisturizer!  

Thank you for your help! 

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

4 Replies

TBjunkie
elite
3 years, 2 months ago
Protect your eyes

You definately want to get a good eye cream, after all your eyes show your age so keep them looking fresh.

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 2 months ago
Re: Should I use Cetaphil Ultra Hydrating Lotion as an eye cream?

I've also had a dermatologist recommend Cetaphil to me for my skin as well (especially when it is acting up and very dry). I would advise using a more moisturizing cream for your eye area though in addition to the Cetaphil. We've got a great round up of the 16 best eye creams you can check out on Totalbeauty.com.

Good luck. 

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 2 months ago

Cetaphil is a dermatologist favorite because it is extremely gentle. I personally use it when my skin acts up (think breakouts and sensitivity) and when it feels very dry. But, if you're not using the Cetaphil cream and just the lotion, you may want to consider using a richer moisturizing cream in your eye area in addition to the Cetaphil lotion. If you're not sure which one might be best for your concerns, check out these 16 best eye creams.

c_heartt
insider
3 years, 2 months ago

Thank you for your responses!

I've been using Cetaphil for a little over a week and I like it!  It's really gentle and it doesn't feel heavy.  I use Lancome Genefique Eye then Cetaphil over it. 

It is just weird to me to use a lotion on my face that I also use on my body - not to mention it is so cheap!  This is a good thing and I'll get used to it!  :)

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend