Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Has anyone used Bump-Its before?

Discussion

Has anyone used Bump-Its before?

I had recently SWORN off teasing because i had realized how much it was damaging my bangs (I like to do a little pompadore) nd my hair stylist agreed with me. So I was wondering if Bump Its actually work. or if there is another way to do that little "Puff" with my bangs?

Much Love!

Jenna

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

14 Replies

aly7
elite
3 years, 2 months ago
Re: Has anyone used Bump-Its before?

I love Bump Its! They come in three sizes 1) Large[for the whole head] 2) Medium[for most hair] 4) Small[ for bangs or a mini bump.]

I love these so much! They just fit under the first layer of hair and if your hair is thin, bobby pin the hair and it will stay all day. Thay are not uncomforable either. They dont hurt and after all day, you cant even tell they are in.Also, you dont have to tease hair, so thats a plus! Another way to get this look, is to blow out hair using a volumizing mist when it is damp and when it dries. [ i like Samy Fat Hair 0 Calories Thickening Spray], then put your hand right above your bangs resting on your head and pull the bangs up onto your hand and bobby pin the hair down! Hope that helped.

- aly7

sweetsour1981
insider
3 years, 2 months ago
Bump-Its

I've never used bump-its, thought about it though.  Anyways, i've got extremly long curly hair and I use bobbi pins to hold a small bump. If i had bangs, it would be a bangs bump-it.  If bobbi pins can hold MY hair, they will probably hold yours.  Just remember that i'm not so sure about trying to hold a large bump, but definately will hold a small-medium bump.  Do exactly what Aly7 said to do.  It works.Tongue out

aly7
elite
3 years, 2 months ago
I have thick,curly hair and Bump its and my secret hand tip work !

kellabella
insider
3 years, 2 months ago
I LOVE BUMP ITS, WORK BEST WITH THICK HAIR

I bought the bump its about a year ago and was pretty sure they wouldnt work, but i was pleasently suprised when I tried them out and they really did work. Although, i do think they work better if you have thick hair. The more hair you have to cover the bump it is better and I think it also helps them stay in. I love all the different looks you can do with them too, half up half down, with a headband or even a ponytail. There's a lot of helpful videos on youtube that show you how to use them. I watched a few before and they helped a lot. 

Smile KeLLy

toddfan
allstar
3 years, 2 months ago
Bump it.

To each his own, I think those are ridiculous! I'm talking SNL coneheads. Why would someone put something in thier hair that basically looks like you have a butt growing off your head? I'm not hating.Just giving my opinion!

aly7
elite
3 years, 2 months ago

It does not look like you have a butt growing out of your head! lol  It is just a small lift, not extreme! And it looks just like you did a good job volumizing,and added a little lift.

toddfan
allstar
3 years, 2 months ago
Bump its

If you recall, I started by saying to each his own! I'm not being rude! A question was posed and I gave my honest opinion.

aly7
elite
3 years, 2 months ago

I didnt mean it like that! Sorry if it came out wrong. Glad you posted your honest opinion, it shows that bump its dont work for everyone Sorry agan, didnt mean it like that at all:)

toddfan
allstar
3 years, 2 months ago
Re: Re: My final bump it!

That's cool!

aly7
elite
3 years, 2 months ago

Great, sorry I put it like that. I really didnt mean it like that at all. Srry again

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend