Home » Community » Message Boards » » Does anyone else hate heavy smelling pefumes?

Discussion

Does anyone else hate heavy smelling pefumes?

I personally prefer light flowery/fruity scents, like Butterfly Flower by Bath and Bodyworks! Really heavy smelling perfumes remind me of old ladies :) I also like Hollister pefumes, their fruity and delicious smelling! I have Salona Beach and Laguna Beach. the only mildly strong smelling one I like is Vera Wang, Princess. I remember smelling it first in London 3 or so years ago, and waiting a year for it to come out in the U.S.

-Jenna

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

13 Replies

aly7
elite
3 years, 2 months ago
Re Does anyone else hate heavy smelling pefumes?

EW! I hate heavy perfumes too! My mom was always allergic to them, so I got used to using the lighter scented ones and body mist. I personally get a stomach ache from them. I use the Bath and Body Works Secret Wonderland Body Mist and the Agua di Gioia Eu de Parfum, it is a light fruiy scent and I got a free sample! I would never pay for the full bottle....it is a whopping $45!

sandy_donaldson
3 years, 2 months ago
Re: Does anyone else hate heavy smelling pefumes?

Yes I do also. I cant stand really strong ones of any scent they give me a migraine! I like to wear loves baby soft because its not really strong, but even to much of that gives me a headache also. I just like really clean smells, so a lot of times just body wash is enough to leave a great scent w/out to much!

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 2 months ago

I also grew up with a parent who was sensitive to strong smells (my dad). He would complain anytime my mom wore a strong perfume, so it really didn't fly in my house.

I have recently gotten into light rose scents. It's so soft, subtle and soothing. I splurged on a bottle of perfume from R de Rose from A'corelle. It's not cheap ($47), but I've had it for almost a year and I haven't even gone through half of the bottle. It's also natural, so it uses essential oils which is nice to know that all the scents are real, rather than artificial.  A little certainly goes a long way (hence why I've barely put a dent in the bottle).

I never use to wear perfume before, but then I read this quote from Coco Chanel " A women who doesn't wear perfume has no future."  Being that I'm going full force into my career at this stage in my life, I started to wear it.

Haha! 

Acorelle Rose Perfume

sweetsour1981
insider
3 years, 2 months ago
Hate smelly perfumes!!!

I luv perfume!!! i'm sure almost every woman & girl luvs to wear perfume also.... but, there is a fine line between just enough and too much.  Plus, my daughter & boyfriend are allergic to everything, including perfume, which stinks....

So... when i go perfume shopping i have to bring my man, so he can smell it before i by it.  I do have a small collection of a few scents i like to wear... the one thing that we can all agree on is, no one likes a musky smell....reminds me of mothballs.Laughing

1.  Intimately BECKHAM, this is one of two scents, and they are both lovely.

2.  Nautica,  This one is iffy.  If i plan on wearing this one, i have make sure that everyone takes thier allergy medicine... needless to say i dont wear this one muchTongue out

3.  GLOW by JLo.  This one is ok.. only a couple squirts is enough

4.  Celine Dion.  A nice light scent

5.  Falling in LOVE.  A fruity scent.

6.  GRACE.  Another fruity scent.

7.Curve.  He acually picked this one out... i'm not sure which scent it  is, but it's nice & light.

aly7
elite
3 years, 2 months ago
Hey sweetsour, is that Falling in Love one by Philosophy? I think they have a Falling in Love too

toddfan
allstar
3 years, 2 months ago
Perfumes

I detest a strong perfume. I tend to purchase light scents. Fruity, floral, leave the woodsy,musky stuff out please.

toddfan
allstar
3 years, 1 month ago
Re: Heavy perfumes

One of my absolute least favorites is Tabu. When I was about 10 years old that's all I wore. My mom would make me sit  outside whenever I put it on. Now I understand why!

Kristen_TBeditor
insider
3 years, 1 month ago
Angel by Thierry Mugler -- I'm so allergic to it

My sister wore Angel by Thierry Mugler for years and it made me so allergic. I am sensitive to scent in general, but that fragrance got me every time -- I'd be a sneezing, gagging mess. I know a lot of people love it, but wow, I must stay away.Angel by Thierry Mugler

UrbanWarrior
3 years ago

Ugh - absolutely ... especially on a crowded subway ... I can't stand the heavy smells, doesn't matter whether it's on a woman or a man...

----

Urban beauty blog:

urbanstateofmind.blogspot.com

EnkaOwakura
insider
2 years, 9 months ago

It depends on the scent group it belongs to, at least for me. For example, when it's about gourmet scents I can tolerate almost everything (Thierry Mugler's Angel, mentioned above, is actually one of my favorite fragances when used in moderation) but when we're talking about heavy florals or woodsy, ones, it makes me dizzy. 

I have this really bad memory of my mother using L'Inizio (old,old perfume) and I literally sprayed it on the garden to avoid smelling it again :P Well, I was 5.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend