Home » Community » Message Boards » Skin Central » confused of what skin type i am?

Discussion

confused of what skin type i am?

so lately i've been reading about skin care, beauty, the skin types, etc... but i am still unable to determine which skin type i am. one thing i've always known is that i do have sensitive skin. but i also have oily and dry skin too. my t-zone is always oily no matter what season or what cleanser i use, and i mostly get acne on my forehead and white heads on my chin or above my lip, under my nose. my cheeks usually feel normal after i cleanse, but not too dry... the skin around my lips get dry. my lips are always dry every morning i get up. usually during winter, my legs, sometimes my arms, lips, and hands get dry... during summer, they are normal... so help? i'm not sure what skin type i have... ha.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

4 Replies

kupham
insider
3 years, 2 months ago
Re: confused of what skin type i am?

I would think you would be considered more oily...maybe your body is dry. I'm kinda the same way, my face is really oily but my hands and legs can get extremely dry. Go figure...

JennaGuru
insider
3 years, 2 months ago

Most brands have a certian product for a combination skin, which is oily and dry skin. But if they dont have a product for a cimbination skin, I would go for oily, since the dryness is only by your lips (Well, on your face that is.) Remember to drink lots of water and use chap stick. (I use Burts Bees)

Good Luck,                      

Jenna

JadaMiranda
insider
3 years, 2 months ago

I have oily t-zones as well and dry on the U part.  What I use is a cleansing milk from Omorovicza.  It says it is good for all skin type so I'm safe.  For moisturizers, I go for the water-based one during summer and a rich cream moisturizer during winter.

sweetsour1981
insider
3 years, 2 months ago
Skin Type?

It sounds like you are combination-oily. Acually you are probably more on the oily side.  I have really oily skin too, so after i clean my face i use regular rubbing alcohol as a toner & an anti-bacterial wipe.  The alcohol will dry out your skin instantly! And it will work as a major disinfectant for your face. I even recommend Neosporin/ Triple Antibiotic Ointment for after popping or accidently scratching off a pimple.  In my opinion, if it bleeds, treat it like you would any other cut or scratch.

I also would like to say that make-up is the worst possible thing for acne... i would REALLY recommend trying a make-up that helps fight acne, but still covers blemishes. Try Neutrogena foundation. I dont use it but i've heard good things about it.   I hope this helps...keep us updated!!!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend