Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Hair Help: LOTS of fly away hair at roots?

Discussion

Hair Help: LOTS of fly away hair at roots?

I must admit i shampoo and condition my hair every other day/ every day.....thats prob the problem. But I CANT STAND oily feeling in my hair and i love the way it looks when its conditioned :D so theres all this fly away hair at my roots when i brush my hair and then i try to wet it down it just comes back up when it dries. I also use a brush and panteene pro v shampoo/conditioner. how can i get my hair to stay down?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

12 Replies

dawnrager
allstar
3 years, 2 months ago
Re: Hair Help: LOTS of fly away hair at roots?

Aly7 gave you good advice (in regards to the toothbrush strategy!).  I have a hairbrush in my hair tools basket just for that reason, too!  You can also smooth down fly aways with HAIR GEL and a toothbrush, too!  (Don't stress -- WE ALL have that problem!  Those small fly aways get more obvious as you get older, too, and especially if you regularly color your hair.).  Good luck!

lasvegasnv
elite
1 year, 9 months ago

I use the L'oreal smoothing serum and it tames any flyaways at the roots.

kbailey
3 years, 2 months ago

I just started using a Smoothing Cream and it's been great! It tames my frizzy hair and calms the flyaways. 

aly7
elite
3 years, 2 months ago

I like Pantene Pro-V Smoothing Lotion:)

sweetsour1981
insider
3 years, 2 months ago
RE: FLY AWAYS

tb 027.JPG  This is what i use.. I have extremely long, curly hair, so i know all about fly aways, frizz... you name it. i've got it...lol.

(left to right)  1. SILK  BY "BIOSILK". kinda pricey, but it WORKS.  2.  FRIZZ-EASE  "Daily Leave-in conditioner.  3.  FRIZZ-EASE  "Gloss"

I would recommend all of these!!!!Laughing

toddfan
allstar
3 years, 2 months ago
Re; Hair Help

I'm (kinda) glad to hear other people have that problem too. L'OREAL makes a good product called Everstrong. It's an overnight leave in treatment. Just wash it out the next day. It does work and won't stain your pillow.

aly7
elite
3 years, 2 months ago

Great! I wil have to try that. Thx

toddfan
allstar
3 years, 1 month ago
Fly Away

Sweetsour always has good tips. I would try her recommendations!

aly7
elite
3 years, 2 months ago
re Hair Help: LOTS of fly away hair at roots?

you should try  a smoothing lotion

aly7
elite
3 years, 2 months ago

Spray hairspray on a toothbrush and put it on you  flyaways!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend