Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Thinking of dying my black hair to brown...? :)

Discussion

Thinking of dying my black hair to brown...? :)

Hi guys, I have black hair and thinking of dying it brown... well dark brown maybe, or just brown-ish.

The thing is I don't really want to do it with a permanent hair dye, does anyone know if it's possible to be done using a semi-permanent hair dye? Thanks before :D

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

1 Reply

giselle_christine_oneill
3 years, 2 months ago
Re: Thinking of dying my black hair to brown...? :)

i have black hair too and reccently decided to go lighter (to an auburn shade)

i've tried semi permanent colors before, and they just really don't take. when you go in the sun you get like a "highlights" effect and thats about it...

is your hair naturally black or dyed black?

if its dyed its going to be a little more complicated to strip your hair of color and the dyeing...and more damaging to your hair.

if its natural, you might be surprised how easily they can bleach it a few shades (just until its slightly lighter, not white, so its not that damaging) and then give you the brown shade you want.

good luck, and really, in my experience, if its something you really want to do, take the leap! you're gonna love it.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend