Home » Community » Message Boards » Giveaways, Samples, Freebies, Deals, and More! » Enter to Win $250 Worth of Skinn Cosmetics

Discussion

Enter to Win $250 Worth of Skinn Cosmetics

Makeup artist and skin care line creator Dimitri James offers up fabulous winter skin tips and a chance to win a collection of products from his line, Skinn Cosmetics -- don't miss out!

Skinn Cosmetics Giveaway

How to Enter: First, share your best winter skin care tip by commenting on this message board post then click here to fill out your basic info by Monday, January 24th at 12 p.m. PST.  The winner will be chosen and notified later that day.  

Good luck!

Now that you've entered, click here to read James' savvy winter skin tips because, let's face it, chapped, flaky skin is never in style.

Skinn Cosmetics Products that are included in the prize: 

Olive & Enzyme Cleanser

Dermappeal Microabrasison Exfoliator

Crease Release Day Cream

Sulfate Free Exfoliating Cleanser

Milky Portien Cleanser

Luxe Water Proof Eyeliner

Twin Set Collagen Boost Lipstick & Lip Gloss

3 Minute Lip Party

Dressed to the Nines Lip Color & Gloss

3 Minute Lip Party

Dressed to the Nines Lip Color & GLoss

Acne Treatment Wipes

Hand Restore 

Plasma Foundation

Luxe Premier Eyeshadows

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

93 Replies

beautyguru_24_7
allstar
3 years, 2 months ago
Seal in that moisture!

I find that exfolliating before I go to bed regularly really makes a difference in keeping my skin even.  I make it a point to massage in a serum while my face is still moist from the water, then I seal that moisture in for good with a cream (or a gel based cream like Neutragena's if you have oily or acne prone skin).  The biggest thing to remember is to do this every night.

mar123
3 years, 2 months ago
Re: Enter to Win $250 Worth of Skinn Cosmetics

Hello.....I try very had to take care of my skin all year round but in the winter months i use baby oil and then i moisturize all over to keep my skin soft.

loozeybug
insider
3 years, 2 months ago
Skinn winter protection

Skinn has a balm that is a total must have for winter. I love that he manufactures all of these fabulous products himself, so you know it's good, and good for you. Who else explains to you why you need a different daily cleanser, than your night cleanser? Nobobody except Demitri James! I just think his products, and the reasoning behind them are amazing. You really need to take the time to research what you are using, and what you should be using(Skinn Cosmetics).

ruffles
3 years, 2 months ago
Moisturize=]

I found out the best thing to do is, putting on face lotion before your makeup. I use Johnsons all natural Baby lotion. it works as a base and keeps your foundation from looking cakey and your skin will stay moisturized during the day.

Also put heavy balm on your lips every night before bed! i use Bath and Body Works, C.O Bigelow Rose Salve. I wake up in the morning with super soft, plump lips=] it also helps take off that dry skin. you can wash your lips off with a washcloth in the morning and the dry skin comes off!

littlebeauty408
insider
3 years, 2 months ago
Winter Skin Tip

It's an easy one....Use moisturizers!  They work.  I use anti-aging ones.

kleiman
insider
3 years, 2 months ago
Skinn Contest My winter skincare tips

Obviously drinking lots of water and using great moisturizers are imperative in the winter to keep your skin moisturized from the inside out. I use my clarisonic every day twice a day because it works well to shed those dead dry cells from my face. I also exfoliate 3 times a week to really get rid of a few layers of extremely flaky dry skin and once a week I do an at home peel. By doing these treatments regularly, the dead cells are shed from your face, allowing your serums and creams to really soak into your skin and be most beneficial, Without exfoliating, you're simply wasting your money putting creams and moisturizers on your face which are blocked from penetrating into the deeper layers of skin where the products can do the most good. I also apply a wonderful balm to my face, including the eyelids and the lips (Julie Hewett's Carmella Balm) which moisturizers like nothing you've ever seen and makes your skin so soft and radiant. I always wear this balm on my lips as a base coat before I apply any lipstick or gloss because it smooths everything out, allowing the lipsticks to glide on without accentuating any flakiness on your lips. It's also extremely important to exfoliate your lips several times a week. You don't even have to buy a product for that. Simple sugar works just fine.  And finally, don't ever allow yourself to get laxy and sleep with your make up on. That will destroy your skin.

janetxplanet
insider
3 years, 2 months ago
winter skin

I usually get very dry skin during the winter time.  I usually use vaseline on the dry spots and olay lotion for my entire face.

Candymeister
3 years, 2 months ago
Homemade recipe

The best advice given to me by my mother which was given to her by her mother and so on is use natural methods to hydrate your skin. Take about a cup of olive oil and mix it with 3/4 cup of granulated sugar and apply to dry skin. Then rub it in and after 10-15minutes, wash it off. It's a great exfoliant and it helps with those dry patches.

sweetsour1981
insider
3 years, 2 months ago
Ultra Healing for Seriously Dry Skin

I'm here to tell you about the BEST dry skin lotion ever....Curel!!  I know what you are thinking!  Curel?

In 2003 I was in a car accident that left awful scars all over my body and legs.. The scars on my upper body are pretty easy to hide, but the ones on my legs are not.  Both of my knees and ankles were broken, which left me with two eight inch scars, one down each knee.  There are others that are smaller, here and there.

For the first couple of years, i didn't know what i was going to do.  I was healed, but what remained was awful.  What was even more awful was the price of scar treatment cream.  I gave up for  a while.  Then, a couple of winters ago, my hands were getting so dry, they were cracking, and really starting to hurt as well.  I bought some CUREL, Ultra Healing Lotion for Extra Dry Skin.  Two days later,my hands felt like silk, no more cracks, nothing but but smoothness.

It didn't take long for the obvious.  After a week, CUREL had done it's job again.  Two years later, i still use my Curel everyday.  My scars are still visable, they will always be.  But, when i touch my legs to rub on my lotion, I don't FEEL my scars anymore.  Still, today, it's hard for me to believe that something non-presciption or extremely expesive could help and do as much as my $3.50 bottle of lotion.

jbishoff
insider
3 years, 2 months ago
Enter to Win $250 Worth of Skinn Cosmetics

As soon as I exit the shower I immediately put baby oil on.  I then towel dry and the excess baby oil wipes off.  Soft, smooth silky skin.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend