Home » Community » Message Boards » Hair Help » Feather Hair Extensions in 2011?

Discussion

Feather Hair Extensions in 2011?

I didn't get into hair tinsel in 2010, though a few of my friends gave it a try. Recently I stumbled across Feather hair extensions though and I think I might dig them. What I like about them is that they clip in, so I don't have to rock them all the time if I don't want to (not all of my outfits look appropriate with feathers).  

What do you think? Is this a trend to try in 2011?

I think I'm picking some up on Etsy.  

Feather Hair ExtensionsFeather Hair Extension.jpeg

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

20 Replies

toddfan
allstar
3 years, 2 months ago
Feather hair extensions

I'm going against popular opinion here, but, WHAT??? Maybe on tweens or at a fashion show etc...Oh well, the next money making fad will be here soon enough! I"m sure for some people for some occasions they look fine.

aly7
elite
3 years, 2 months ago
Re: Feather Hair Extensions in 2011?

I think they look great, and I reallllllly want some

CarolLYN23
3 years, 1 month ago
Feather Hair Extensions in 2011 REALLY!?!?! You people must have been born in the 90's

Any one who had hippy parents know what this is. These are not hair feather extensions. This is a ROACH CLIP!!!! It is drug paraphernalia.

toddfan
allstar
3 years, 1 month ago
Re: feathers

I agree! They aren't extentions. Call them what you will .

amy_rogers
3 years, 1 month ago

I offer semi-permanent feather hair extensions...you can check 'em out on Etsy:  www.tartandfeathered.etsy.com

Any of the "flavors" you find there are available in temporary bobby pin option, too ($2 addt'l) ...just convo me on Etsy or shoot me an email:  tartandfeathered@gmail.com

:)  Cheers!

Amy

Thebeautyblog
2 years, 12 months ago

They are so cool and I think I am going to get some clip in ones for my hair. What I can't decide is should I go all wild and crazy colors or my hair color? Maybe some of both..

melissa_stephens
insider
2 years, 12 months ago
re:feathers:love or hate?

i personally like certain feather extensions.. loved gwyenth's pop of pink she had going on in the form of feather earings.. jessica beilh's feather earing/hair extension looking thing was a hot mess.. love her shes beautiful but the two earing in one ear and them being longer than her hair wasn't feeling that sorries.. i think they look adorably edgy when in earing form there either a awesomly crazy color like miss paltrow or one on each ear that are the same length or shorter than your hair so it blends and appears to be an extension.. i think the etensions are cute, i think you canover do it nott so cute one piece or small cluster is cute but too many will look trashy its a slippery slope but i def give a go ahead in my book for 2011! oo and the one person on earth who could rock this trend annyway of their choice is Mr. steven tyler <3

barley09
2 years, 12 months ago
Hair extension Ideas

Get best hair styles and hair extension ideas at http://www.hairstylesguru.com

melissa_stephens
insider
2 years, 12 months ago
re:makeup when wearing feathers<3

in my opinion with the whole awesome feather look i think you should either do a bold lip with minimal eyes no liner, maybe a light shimmer nude very light.. or a bold smokey eye for night but nude lips.. i think the feathers are such a statment themselves that if you do to much of a lip/eye combo it woild be over powering and dare i say it clownish but def def one or the other and personally i think a sunkissed glow would compliment the feathers.. xoxo

Coconutvanilla7
insider
2 years, 7 months ago
Re:

I actually really like this trend. I wanted to get one but my husband has talked me out of it saying that he thinks it's a trend for teenagers. Sooo...I didn't go get one at the salon but I did go buy one of the clip in ones at the store & I think it's really cute. You can put it in & take it out whenever you want & it's a nice way to liven up your hair.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend