Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Blush recommendations for medium skin with red undertones?

Discussion

Blush recommendations for medium skin with red undertones?

I have a very rosy red, medium complexion but when I take makeup quizzes, I find that rose-colored and pink blushes are always recommended for me.  That seems silly considering I already have red undertones!  I don't use a green corrector simply because I don't really have time for that step in my daily makeup routine and I often forgoe blush altogether, but does someone have an idea for a brand and shade that I might try which could give me a little warmth (to counteract the red)?  I'm on a tight budget right now, too... Thanks for your input!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

6 Replies

aly7
elite
3 years, 3 months ago
re Blush recommendations for medium skin with red undertones?

actually, i know this sounds crazy, but i think that the makeup quizzes are right.  Because of your fair skin, the red undertones really help! you need a blush that will mirror your natural flush. depending on your hair color, you have different options.

Medium/dark hair- Medium peach, pink, and mauve shades. for a sun kissed look, use a shimmery pale golden  blush.

light hair- pale peaches and pinks are good daytime options. and for more intense colors, try apricots and mauves

- aly7♥

dawnrager
allstar
3 years, 3 months ago
Re: Blush recommendations for medium skin with red undertones?

aly7, thanks for your input!  Maybe I'm over-stressing too much... Perhaps I'll try a peachy shade (as you suggested).  Thanks!  Any cheaper brands/products you suggest?

aly7
elite
3 years, 3 months ago
re Blush recommendations for medium skin with red undertones?

i love e.l.f. everything. they have mineral blushes for 5 dollars and natural radiance blushers for a dollar. you can get these at www.eyeslipsface.com or target. also, i know this sounds insane. but i always have 10 mins to get ready in the morning, so i dont apply blush...just shadow, mascara, chapstick, and liner. so i pinch my cheeks right in the middle for the perfect glow!

- aly7♥

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 3 months ago

Great advice Aly7! I don't put on blush anymore these days. Primarily because I couldn't find a shade that I loved and I got lazy. I recently got into cheek stains (Tarte makes a great one) in all sorts of shades.  I use a rosy one and it adds the perfect amount of pink to my cheeks. I feel too, maybe you should try a tinted moisturizer. Neutrogena makes a good one as does Physicians Formula (in the organic wear line and it's affordable).  

Good luck!

dawnrager
allstar
3 years, 3 months ago

Thanks, ladies!  I'll try BOTH of your suggestions... and hey, if I can skimp on blush, YAY!  That's one less thing to contend with in a rushed morning! 

TBjunkie
elite
3 years, 3 months ago

I love the warm coral types of colors, they're natural looking to medium skin tones. I don't think the pinky ones look good on anyone.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend