Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Creme eyeshadow applicators

Discussion

Creme eyeshadow applicators

I love creme eyeshadow. I have some that come in sticks, which makes it easy to apply, but I have a hard time with the ones that aren't, such as Revlons creme eyeshadows. They don't come with an applicator, and I end up using my fingers to apply. It works ok, but I prefer to have some sort of applicator. Is there a brush that works well for that, cause I have never seen a creme eyeshadow brush. Any suggestions, TIA!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

14 Replies

makeuphkp
3 years, 3 months ago
Re: Creme eyeshadow applicators

Because cream shadows are...creamy, you really need a synthetic brush to apply them. A natural hair brush will grab to much of the shadow & it will not apply with as much intensity. I would suggest trying a brush designed for concealer. Da Vinci (promakeupbrush.com) makes some pretty great brush and they always seem to be on sale. Then you can always blending the edges with a soft shadow blending brush, a Q-Tip or your fingers! Good luck and let me know what you think! Cheers!

http://www.promakeupbrush.com/classic_concealer.html

http://makeupartistsadvice.blogspot.com/

rozbie
insider
3 years, 3 months ago

Thanks for the tips guys! The Revlon eyeshadows are my fave. We don't have e.l.f. products where I live, so for now I will be trying out my concealer brush. I don't use it anyway.

dawnrager
allstar
3 years, 3 months ago
Creme eyeshadow applicators

Love the tips about the creme eyeshadow applicators, brushes, etc.!  Do you gals have a hard time with the creme shadows creasing?  I stay away from creme shadows because they always crease on me.  I just tried the Covergirl ShadowBlast ones, and I had the same problem (even after first using a setting powder as a base).  Frustrating!

makeuphkp
3 years, 3 months ago

as far as the creme shadows creasing, it can be a problem. I would suggest trying a eye shadow primer opposed to just a setting powder. 

a fabulous one is Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion and eyen a light dusting of a similar shadow color (or a colorless loose, I like Youngbloods HD Powder, Makeup Forever HD Powder is second runner up) on top of the creme.

rozbie
insider
3 years, 3 months ago

Thanks aly I will be looking this week!

aly7
elite
3 years, 3 months ago
re Creme eyeshadow applicators

Sure thing, rozbie

pao_gonzlez_marra
insider
3 years, 3 months ago
great creme shadows & primers

i love creme shadows and have tried just about everything looking for one that doesn't crease. i have the same issue some of you mentioned, they look great when i first put them on and then they cake and get goopy. benefit's creaseless creme shadows are AMAZING i can't rave about them enough. i apply them with a flat brush to layer on color and blend out with a fluffy one. they stay on forever and look amazing! 

also, for creme shadows i tend to use a creamy primer instead of a powder one. urban decay's eyedshadow primer potion works wonders. 

aly7
elite
3 years, 3 months ago

pao, revlon  illuminance creme eyeshadows are also great and crease proof. 005.JPG

This is them in moonlit jewels

Kristen_TBeditor
insider
3 years, 3 months ago
Cream shadows that don't crease

I've always had the same issue with cream shadows creasing -- not all but a lot of them. I recently discovered a creamy stick shadow that is honestly the best one I've ever tried (and I've tried a gazillion). It's brand spankin' new too. It's the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencil. It's a similar formula to their 24/7 eyeliner, but in a chubby pencil version. AND you can buy a synthetic brush that is designed to work with them, and it's amazing too. You can actually use that brush with ANY cream shadow. It blends creamy formulas perfectly. Love, love.

aly7
elite
3 years, 3 months ago

yeah, i love revlon illuminance creme shadow in moonit jewels.

005.JPG

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend