Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Facial hair

Discussion

Facial hair

I'm guessing I'm not the only person with this ongoing problem, but what is the best way to remove and PREVENT the re-growth of dark facial hair?  I'm getting close to menopause, I believe, and I've been noticing some very dark and coarse facial hairs growing out of my chin (GROSS!).  I generally pluck them out when I'm lucky enough to see them, but I'm wondering if anyone has a DIY type of recipe or system they use to help slow down re-growth?  What do you think is the most effective way to remove them?

As someone presently looking for full-time professional work in this dire economy, I don't have a lot of extra money for expensive procedures...

Thanks for your input!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

3 Replies

TBjunkie
elite
3 years, 2 months ago
Re: Facial hair

I'm suprised you didn't get a reply to your question, I'm sure we all have unwanted hair. I would say if the dark hair are far and few between when you're "lucky enough to see them" then it's not a big deal to continue plucking them. But if the hair is easily visible and there's plenty of it them I would say wax it. Waxing gives long lasting results and helps thin and lighted the growth. Let me know what you decide after waiting two weeks for a respose to your question Wink

dawnrager
allstar
3 years, 2 months ago
Re: Facial hair

Thanks for your reply... I've never tried waxing, but it sounds like a plan.  I like the idea that it doesn't come back as quickly and could lighten.  Hmm...

Dawn R.

toddfan
allstar
3 years, 2 months ago
Re: Facial Hair

Try some cream hair remover. If you have sensitive skin, apply to a small section and check every few minutes.Waxing works for some people. Not me! I prefer a gentler approach. Check local drug stores. You can find resonable prices.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend