Home » Community » Message Boards » » What kind of prizes should we giveaway on Totalbeauty.com?

Discussion

What kind of prizes should we giveaway on Totalbeauty.com?

I like the idea of SELECTING a prize (especially if it's makeup)... Sometimes, I receive products in the mail which are the WRONG SHADE.  Why not have two or three prizes to choose from and the "winner" selects their prize, shade, etc.? 

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

8 Replies

aly7
elite
3 years, 3 months ago
re What kind of prizes should we giveaway on Totalbeauty.com?

that is a nice idea, but i do like the element of surprise too.

dawnrager
allstar
3 years, 3 months ago
Re: What kind of prizes should we giveaway on Totalbeauty.com?

aly7, maybe we can incorporate BOTH ideas then!  Allow the winners to select a shade (for makeup) or type (for hair products, etc.) and then TotalBeauty can "surprise" them with a prize.  It's the best of both worlds: a surprise, but specific to the winner's needs!  Laughing

aly7
elite
3 years, 3 months ago

that is true, it would be nice to be surprised and have that "omg" moment and still have some idea about what you are getting so you are not dissapointed. like recently i entered a chance to win Agua di Gioia eau de parfum, and i got it in the mail. i had no clue what it smelled like and got really nervous because i can be semi-sensitive to perfumes, i was soooooo ecstatic! it smelles amazing! lemony, minty, fruity, almost like salt- water..... good idea to select a prize tho. Are ya listening totalbeauty staff?

- aly7♥

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 3 months ago

Hey Ladies,

Thanks for the feedback. We definitely try to steer clear of sending out prizes that might not work with our readers (who wants foundation for light skin when you have medium skin, right?).

We will definitely keep your suggestions in mind as we plan the next prizes (good stuff is coming).  

alivia1
insider
3 years, 3 months ago

Gift cards and cash are always great! Then you can go to your favorite make-up or beauty retailer and get what you want! Kiss

aly7
elite
3 years, 3 months ago

that is so true! but a nice amount of money, i hate it when they give you like 10 dollars at like,  sephora, 10 dollars does not even last me an hour or enough to buy one thing!

sweetsour1981
insider
3 years, 2 months ago
RE: what kind of prizes should we give away?

I agree with alivia1 , gift cards and cash are the BEST gift to get, you can do so much with them.  But, i totally agree with Aly7, there is nothing more aggrivating than having a $10.00 gift card, for a store that doesn't sell anything for less than $20.00.

toddfan
allstar
3 years, 2 months ago
what kind of prizes?

Gift cards, Hair care, skin products... Basically anything new or beyond the budget of us mere mortals!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend