Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » Help with sharpening my Urban Decay 24/7 glide pencil?

Discussion

Help with sharpening my Urban Decay 24/7 glide pencil?

I sharpen it with a E.L.f. sharpener but it sharpens so weirdly! It sharpens unevenly and cracked >.< Is it the sharpener or the pencil?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

11 Replies

volta
elite
3 years, 1 month ago
Re: Help with sharpening my Urban Decay 24/7 glide pencil?

I like using Sephora sharpeners. The one I got was $2 and it works like a charm to sharpen UD pencils. It sharpens so smoothly too. Like with any sharpener, be careful with the amount of pressure you apply because we all know how easily UD 24/7 pencil tips fall off.

toddfan
allstar
3 years ago
Pencil

Have you tried a small pencil sharpener? I use that on eyeliner with no problem. It's also a lot cheaper.

Agrimony
insider
2 years, 12 months ago

I have the UD sharpener, but, find it helps to put the pencil in the frig about 5 minutes or so first.

tamerjamie
3 months, 4 weeks ago

It helps when I put it in the freezer for a couple of minutes so the tip doesnt break off

aly7
elite
3 years, 3 months ago
reHelp with sharpening my Urban Decay 24/7 glide pencil?

well, i personally like elf sharpeners so maybe it is the pencil.

TheBlond
insider
3 years, 1 month ago

Urban Decay's Grind Box is the best for sharpening their eye pencils and shadow pencils. I tried a drugstore brand sharpener on them first and it just made a mess. I'm pretty sure the grind box is less than $10 and it does a great job on non-UD pencils too.

LipglossandSpandex
BLOGGER
3 years ago
It's probably the sharpener.

I've used my little Sephora sharpener, my Benefit sharpener and my Urban Decay sharpener to sharpen my UD 24/7 pencils, and haven't had problems with any of them. Or maybe your pencil is old and dry, and so the "lead" is cracking?

passion4christ
insider
3 months, 3 weeks ago

I have always have used the double barrel sharpener they work great. Usually elf shrapeners work with elf pencils

makeuphkp
3 years, 3 months ago

The urban Decay 24/7 pencils are super creamy so they are very hard to sharpen...Make sure the sharpener is super clean and do it very slow...I love the @4/7 Pencils! They ROCK!

http://makeupartistsadvice.blogspot.com/

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 3 months ago

It probably is the sharpener. I would invest it a good sharpener if you can because there is nothing worse that ruining your pencils (I've done it plenty of times and hate it every time).  The Ulta Sharpener got great reviews from Total Beauty Readers.  You can read the review here.  

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend