Home » Community » Message Boards » Giveaways, Samples, Freebies, Deals, and More! » Day 2 of the 12 Days of Beauty Giveaways:

Discussion

Day 2 of the 12 Days of Beauty Giveaways:

We don't have two turtle doves, but we do have two Jewelry Box Combination Sets from Tarte to giveaway today. This set comes with a limited-edition palette with 32 new eyeshadows, eight lip glosses, a mineral bronzer, a new shimmering powder, five deluxe long-wearing eyeliners and a detachable necklace.

To win, share a New Year's beauty resolution below.  Good luck!

The Jewelry Box from Tarte

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

125 Replies

kleiman
insider
3 years, 3 months ago
Day 2 of Contest-What is my New Year's Resolutions?

pynkNymphette
allstar
3 years, 3 months ago
Eat Better

My New Years resolution is to stop eating chocolate! LOL My mom made sooo many cookies for xmas it is not even funny. I totally put this box on my xmas gift list and did not get it so I am SO shocked to see it being given away! It would be just CRAZY to win it. :]

kleiman
insider
3 years, 3 months ago
New Year's Resolution's Contests

I used to make New Year's Resolutions only to break them within a day or two, if I lasted that long, into the New Year. Most people have the same resolutions, to start exercising, eat better and lose weight, to do better in school, to get a job or a promotion, etc.

I find that most people make unrealistic resolutions that they simply can't keep, which is why they end up breaking them so quickly. Once one breaks a resolution, I find that they completely slack off because in their mind, "they blew it already". That's why I think resolutions are detrimental. BY saying I am going on a strict diet to lose weight or going to the gym 5 days a week, the minute you deviate from this promise, such as eating something not permitted on a diet, then it becomes eaasier for the person to continue to break their diets and stop exercising by rationalizing that since they already blew it, they may as well gorge themselves and then start again tomorrow. Instead of being so hard on yourself, if we simply say we will do our very best, and your very best may be very different from my very best, then if we eat a piece of cake, we can then stop and go back to our healthy eating immediately. Eating one piece of cake does not give us carte blanche to pig out.Our minds are so powerful. If we recognize that one piece of cake will not ruin our desire to lose weight for health as well as appearance, then, if we crave an "diet un- friendly food", it's OK to indulge with one normal portion instead of the all or nothing mentality where our brains tell us that since we ate one piece of cake and broke our diets that it's OK to eat 3/4 of the cake. Moderation is the key to everything in life.

It's great to set goals but if we don't succeed on the first, second or third try, then we simply must keep trying. New Year's Resolutions prove to do the opposite. However what I would love for the coming year is health happiness and wisdom for our government to straighten out this mess they call an economy, for people to be healthy and happy and prosper in this coming year. 

Oh, and I'd love to meet a gorgeous man, fall in love and get married and if that doesn't happen, maybe a date every now and then. It sure beats nothing. 

kellkat
3 years, 3 months ago
2011 Beauty Resolution

I MUST get to the gym AT LEAST three times a week!  If my face is going to look gorgeous with all the Total Beauty advice I get, I need a body that matches! :)

sumaira88
insider
3 years, 3 months ago
new years resolution

i've got a couple so here they go....

1) lose 15 pounds

2) drink more water and eat more healthy

3) care for my skin & body better

4) be more fovused at my job & school

5) take some me time (i am a social worker & it does become exhausting)

6) make my heart bigger & remove any hardness in it

7) to win something from total breauty;)

seana_landeros
insider
3 years, 3 months ago
My New Year Resolution

...is to quit smoking!!  :)

romilyn_sotto
3 years, 3 months ago
Re: Day 2 of the 12 Days of Beauty Giveaways:

My New Year's Resolution would be to encourage myself to talk to other people! I won't be so shy anymore!

My3Sons3
insider
3 years, 3 months ago
Resolution

My resolution is to be more organized.

1955Nurse
allstar
3 years, 3 months ago
2011 Beauty resolution

My #1 beauty resolution for the new year will be to become more consistant!  I'm great "out of the gate", especially w/new products but then I seem to fall away and not follow-up as I should.  All that stopping and starting doesn't produce the optimum results and I'm cheating myself!  (And wasting product, to boot!!!)

ashmarie
insider
3 years, 3 months ago
My New Years Resolution

I want to simplify my beauty routine. Stop using so many products and get rid of my reoccuring acne so that I can feel comfortable to wear make-up that is glamorous and feel beautiful.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend