Home » Community » Message Boards » All About Nails » I finally tried Minx -- have you?

Discussion

I finally tried Minx -- have you?

So, thanks to Gilt City LA I got the heads up about an event at Bliss spa in the W Hollywood, which ended up to be a worth-it stop because in addition to a little shoulder massage, hand massage and glass of champagne, I finally got to try Minx nails. I had been meaning to try them for so long, but just couldn't quite ever find the time. Anywhoo, I sat down with Minx guru Brandy Glenn who is the lead nail technician at the spa and she gave me the 411 on Minx while popping the pretty, fishnet-printed designs on my nails. She was speedy at putting them on, but she said it can take some manicurists up to 25 or 30 minutes to apply them. Though with zero drying time, that's not too shabby. Here's how it went down:

Step 1: She sized up my nails to make sure she chose Minx that would fit.

Step 2: She separated each individual piece of Minx and held it under a super-hot light (so hot it could cook food, according to Glenn).

Step 3: She perfectly placed the Minx on one of my nails, pressed it on and ripped the hanging end off so that it perfect coated my nail.

Step 4: I held my nail under the hot light for a few seconds to set it.

Conclusion: The great thing about Minx is their amazing designs. Perfect nail art that is pre-done, what could be better than that? A great way to accessorize your look (celebs are all about these, BTW). They also came off super easy when it was time to do away with them. I simply peeled them off.

The only downfall was that they didn't last long -- 3-4 days until they started peeling back. I expected this as many of my friends have had the same experience. One fix for this ... Glenn says she tops her Minx with Shellac -- for serious lasting power. Great idea.

So ... have you tried them? Here are a few photos of my experience along with a shot of Glenn's full set of Minx nails. Me Getting Minx NailsMinx Nails

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

1 Reply

aly7
elite
3 years, 3 months ago
re I finally tried Minx -- have you?

no i have not tried them, but they look great kristen  and i am totally getting some nail frauds!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend