Home » Community » Message Boards » » acne scarring

Discussion

acne scarring

i have acne scarring. even when i dont have any breakouts, my skin is still red in some areas and these red spots make it look like i have acne when i really dont. i know this is acne scarring and its really annoying because i can never have flawless skin! i havent tried any creams yet, but i have always wanted to try the clinique creams for it.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

5 Replies

amiee_belanger
3 years, 3 months ago
C. Booth

I have had issues with acne scarring to. I have been using C. Booth Daily Detox toner pads everyday and using the Glycolic Acid Skin Resurfacing Solution every other day and the Kojic Acid Skin Brightening Fluid on the days I dont use the glycolic acid and its working GREAT! Not only are my acne scars fading, my acne is getting better! I bought C. Booth products at a Rite Aid so they seem to be easily accesible and fairly inexpensive (all products between $12-$20). Hope this helps!

aly7
elite
3 years, 3 months ago
re acne scarring

first, try out clean and clear advantage mark treatment, it really should do the trick.i swear, this stuff is magical....lol. if not i would try a cream. and make  sure you keep your skin extra cean,i use netrogena pink grapefruit facial wash

-aly7♥

Kristen_TBeditor
insider
3 years, 3 months ago
Acne Scarring

Kenya,

I have the same problem you do. Even if I never pick a pimple, I have a red spot to show for it once it goes away. Sooo annoying! There are a few things I have done to help fade the spots -- things I've had derms and experts recommend. Aly7 mentioned the Clean & Clear product, which you can try, though I personally haven't tested that one. I have seen studies done though and it seemed to have worked. Here's what I have used:

Vitamin C -- helps even out your skin tone and protects it. Try the SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic Acid, $142. Expensive, but derms swear by it.

Acid Peels (glycolic or lactic acid) -- deeply exfoliates skin to help fade marks faster. You can get these at a spa or derms office or try an at home version. I'm obsessed with the Kinara Red Carpet Facial Kit, $145. Again, not cheap, but you'll get a ton of uses out of it and it's MUCH cheaper than an in-office one.

Good luck and if you find something else that works for you ... I'm all ears.

aly7
elite
3 years, 3 months ago
re acne scarring

the only con with the clean and clear product i mentioned is it is VERY strong. so if the scars are almost cuts....or you picked a zit it really burns! but for a normal scar, blackhead, or whitehead it normally works fine.  another con is it works REALLY well when you first start to use it, then it does not help as much, maybe it is just me?????!

-aly7♥

CliniqueLover
allstar
3 years, 2 months ago
re: acne scarring

I also suffer from acne scarring. I've tried the Clinique Acne Solutions Post Blemish Formula and it does nothing, huge waste of money because you get so little product. I'd try getting a good exfoliater because exfoliating removes the top layer of skin and over time you will notice the scars disapearing.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend