Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Else » Anyone else read Allure? If so, for how long and how do you like it?

Discussion

Anyone else read Allure? If so, for how long and how do you like it?

I've been reading Allure since the early 90's I think.  It's how I found out about this site.

I don't think it's as good as it used to be, but I still find some articles I want to read that end up being helpful.  I used to read it "cover to cover", but now it's just certain articles or columns.  I don't even look at pages like "Beauty Must/Lusts" which have $2,000 handbags or $700 pair of shoes.  For Beverly Hills maybe, but not us middle class gals!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

6 Replies

drugstore_lady
insider
3 years, 3 months ago
Re: Anyone else read Allure? If so, for how long and how do you like it?

i have never read it but i am thinking about subscribing. You dont think it is worth it ??

Supernaturalfan
insider
3 years, 3 months ago
Might work for you

Ah, a reply at last! LOL (And with 121 views so far....Wink)

I don't know if it would be a waste of money to you, cause you're a new reader.  I've been reading it for decades, and it used to be more of a "non-traditional" beauty magazine.  More about accepting or enhancing your natural beauty, about how every woman is beautiful in her own way....even with "flaws".  What she sees as "flaws" is what makes her unique & therefore beautiful.

Now the outlook is more like Glamour, etc. with the same stuff every issue about how we can look better.  Look younger, thinner, etc.  The old Allure was about how beauty came in all shape and sizes.  Guess I hope to hear from someone who's been reading it a long time cause it's hard to describe what I'm talking about.Undecided

ladyboarder9669
elite
3 years, 3 months ago
I've been reading it for years and LOVE it! Great product reviews! I love their yearly beauty awards

toddfan
allstar
3 years, 2 months ago
Allure magazine

I have been reading for years. I have also won a lot of prizes. If you enjoy contests, my answer is yes!

kellabella
insider
3 years, 1 month ago
LOVE ALLURE BUT ITS NOT MY FAV MAGAZINE

I've been reading all those kinds of magazines since I was 13 or 14, I remember I used to get Teen Vouge, Seventeen, Cosmo girl and a few others I cant remember. But i just recently finally threw them out (for some reason I like to collect magazines I guess). Anyway, I do read Allure and I like it but its not my favorite. Glamour is, i feel like theirs more content in glamour than allure. I also like Cosmo and Marie Claire. 

ladyboarder9669
elite
3 years, 1 month ago
LOVE Allure! Ive been reading it on and off for about 5 years. Been a subscriber for the last 3!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend