Home » Community » Message Boards » All About Nails » Shellac Attack!

Discussion

Shellac Attack!

Ok, so I just got my nails Shellaced for the first time. If you don't know what I am talking about, (Tony Montana accentit's time for you to say hello to my little friend. It is a new nail technology from CND and women across the country (me included) can't get enough of this polish that wears like a gel and lasts for two weeks without chipping. Now, I am the kind of person (weirdo) that changes my polish every three days, so as you can imagine having the same color for two weeks gives me the shakes a bit. I am now in week two and have decided to add some crystal sparkle to my red Shellac. 

Have you tried Shellac? How long did yours last for? What color did you choose? (Next time I am going for a neutral I think). Oh, and since I have never removed it before, any tips or suggestions on how to get it off most effectively? 

My Shellac Nails!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

3 Replies

aly7
elite
3 years, 3 months ago
Re: Shellac Attack!

aly7
elite
3 years, 3 months ago
nope

i have never tried shellac. love the nails though. i like the crystals

Kristen_TBeditor
insider
3 years, 3 months ago
I tried shellac too and loved it!

Mine lasted over two weeks -- though you see nail growth at the base of your nails as time goes on. It's genius for people who want a long lasting manicure in the same hue. This is not for those who like to change their nail color to match an outfit -- I'll admit, I totally did this in my high school days.

As far as your question about removal -- you need to head back to the salon where you got it done to have it removed (technically). Though they just use pure acetone, so you could go to a beauty supply or hardware store for that. Put it on cotton balls and set the soaked ball right on each finger and tape them up. Let sit for like 5-10 minutes then remove while rubbing off the polish. This is how a salon removed mine since the CND cute little removal bandages were on back order. Good luck and I love the nails!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend